Publishing Package - To Orchestrator

orchestrator
error

The UIPath project that I have created uses a excel file to read input values for a given workflow. The Project successfully works when I run from the UIPath studio and fails when run from the UiPath Robot or Orchestrator community edition. The log indicates that the publish of the project only published the .xaml files, dependcies information as .json files, while the excel file that was used for reading test inputs wasn’t published. How to let the UIPublish know that the project also includes excel files or other resources that also needs to published? The error log from the orchestrator is given below,

• Process: TestAutomationBlueLigthDev
  • Environment: Blue Light Automation Pre Developoment Release
  • Robot: KARTHIKEYANKARUPPAN
  • Machine name: KARTHIKEYANKARU
  • Info: Excel File C:\Users\karth.nuget\packages\TestAutomationBlueLigthDev\1.0.6905.25087\lib\TestInputs\NewCustomerCreation.xls.xlsx was not found.

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Excel File C:\Users\karth.nuget\packages\TestAutomationBlueLigthDev\1.0.6905.25087\lib\TestInputs\NewCustomerCreation.xls.xlsx was not found.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

• Start Time: 11/27/2018 8:31:29 AM
  • End Time: 11/27/2018 8:31:37 AM
  • Input Values: null

Output Values: Empty

Hi @k.karthikeyan

Could you post a screenshot of your Excel related activities. Did you use full paths to the file or relative ones?
If you specified full paths, it might be better to use relative ones.

Also, after looking at this line:
Info: Excel File C:\Users\karth.nuget\packages\TestAutomationBlueLigthDev\1.0.6905.25087\lib\TestInputs\NewCustomerCreation.xls.xlsx was not found.

I see that the extension of the file might be at fault:
.xls.xlsx

Could you check that as well? :slight_smile:

I have defined a variable and the value specified as below Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + “\TestInputs/NewCustomerCreation.xls.xlsx”. I figured out that if you have to include any files or resources to the project then you need to add a folder using the “Add New Folder” context menu on the project and create a folder and place the files in them. This automatically publishes any resources like excel or txt files etc that is required as part of the project to the orchestrator.

Thanks for the response.

Actually, it is a bit simpler than that. The package that is being published to Orchestrator will simply contain the entire content of your project folder, including all the files and subfolders (and even if they are not used at all in the project).

This means that you can simply place your Excel file in the subfolder of your project and use a path like that to access it:
FolderWithExcelFile\ExcelFile.xlsx

However, I think your error comes from the name of the file:
NewCustomerCreation.xls.xlsx
C:\Users\karth.nuget\packages\TestAutomationBlueLigthDev\1.0.6905.25087\lib\TestInputs\NewCustomerCreation.xls.xlsx was not found.

I think it should be either:

NewCustomerCreation.xls

or

NewCustomerCreation.xlsx

and the full path either

C:\Users\karth.nuget\packages\TestAutomationBlueLigthDev\1.0.6905.25087\lib\TestInputs\NewCustomerCreation.xls

or

C:\Users\karth.nuget\packages\TestAutomationBlueLigthDev\1.0.6905.25087\lib\TestInputs\NewCustomerCreation.xlsx

Also, see our documentation for some more guidance about the compatibility of the Excel package with different Excel files: