Orchestrator doesn't work

Hi Everyone, I came across the following situation. I did a robotization where I look for some information in a list inside an excel spreadsheet. This information can be changed as required. When I manually run the robot in Studio it works perfectly. However, when I execute on the orchestrator only the first time the data is correct. If I change the data in excel and run it again in orchestrator, it just executes the previous information, ie it does not load the current information in the excel list. My question is: every time I change the list in excel do I need to publish a new version for orchestrator? The orchestrator should not understand that the list has been modified, because that’s how the robot works when I do not use the orchestrator.

Best Regards,

If you use relative paths, you could run into a problem. “Relative” paths mean you don’t have the full directory. So, when you publish your project to Orchestrator, the location of the workflow is on the Orchestrator server. This means that if you update any files in another location, your job will still be using the original file that was published, if that makes sense, because everything in the project folder gets published to the server.

The solution would be to not use relative paths, and instead to use full paths and store the data in a shared location that robots can access.

Those are my thoughts

Regards.

Thanks for listening! So my excel file that I constantly update is in the same project location, ie along with all xaml files. Do I need to put the excel file in another path as well?!
Could you give me an example?

Let’s say your project is in this location:
"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\UiPath\ProjectName"

and in your Excel Scope, for filepath you use this:
"pesquisa.xlsx"

That would be a “relative” and UiPath will assume the file is in the same directory as the workflow file.

When you publish your project, all files in the project folder get moved to a different location. So when your workflow file runs, it looks for that Excel file in the new location, not the original location. This means you would need to publish the project again each time you make a change. - There are some advantages to this too though like version control.

If you want to update the file without needing to publish the project everytime, then you can simply use the full path to the file when you reference it.

For example, in your Excel Scope use the string:
"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\UiPath\ProjectName\pesquisa.xlsx"

By using the full path, the workflow will look directly to that folder. This requires that the Robot user has accessibility to this folder though. Additionally, you can use locations on the network rather than “local” locations, which is typical in most company infrastructures.

For example, if you store the data on the network, your full path might look like this in the Excel scope:
"\\servername.domain\sharedfolder\ProjectName\pesquisa.xlsx"

I hope those examples explain it better.

Regards.

3 Likes

Now yes!!! everything works perfectly.
@ClaytonM, you are the best.

Thank You

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.