Process stuck in "Installing package..." - System.TimeoutException: Available timed out

Hi there,

Fost the last 2 weeks, after publishing a process to orchestrator (fresh or update of an existing process) and starting the job (manual or scheduled) the robot (unattended) remains stuck in “Installing package…” and after 20 minutes it throws the following exception (Event viewer error is the same):

RemoteException wrapping System.TimeoutException: Available timed out. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Connection.d__31.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass21_11.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__91.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass21_11.b__2(Exception ex) at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__91.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__98.MoveNext()

Please note i have administrator access and there were no changes made to the infrastructure of the robots (maximum some windows updates now and then).

The infrastructure is made as recommended (all VMs) with 1 server Orch, 1 for DB, 1 for Logs, 1 development machine and this machine where the robots are running.

Here is what we’ve tried so far (in not particular order):

• Checked if everything is licensed (everything is)
  • Checked if UiRobot and Update services are running
  • Copy - paste the packages used in studio into robot’s machine
  • Reinstalled UiPath assistant
  • Restarted the UiRobot service
  • Restarted all the VMs
  • Removed the additional spaces the software adds to the certificate inside IIS and restarted the VM
  • Removed and added the official feeds inside studio before publishing the process to orchestrator (the sites needed to download packages were not white-listed at first)
  • Checked the permissions inside Orchestrator
  • Tried recreating another robot account and running with it
  • Checked if there is enough disk space on all the virtual machines
  • Checked the firewall (disabled)

We have an On-Prem solution, and the robots worked just fine with the current configuration until now…

Any further ideas that might help us solve the issue would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,
Mircea

Hi @mircea.chelba1

The following thread might helps you

Hope it helps!!

Thank you for your fast response, I followed the steps described in that topic and the issue still persists…

Hi,

Are you guys using a proxy in VM: Could you check if your proxy in VM doesnt have any blockages.

You can check this from Proxy settings or IE–> Internet Options–>LAN settings

Also, check at the back end if its able to create a folder for the process package.
Could be a dependency issue as well.

You could also try placing the package manually in the VM, in C:/User/UserName/.nuget

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

We regularly have the same issue. If we just rerun the Job repeatedly eventually it gets all the packages.

As I investigated the problem further i noticed that in C:/User/UserName/.nuget/ProcessName folder there are the following folders:

• 1.0.1 (folder full)
    -…
    -1.0.7 (folder empty)

We are currently at version 1.0.8 but no folder with this version has been created.

That’s normal. When running a Job it downloads and installs the packages it needs.

Hello,

We are indeed using a proxy, every link needed by the software has been whitelisted according to this documentation link:
https://docs.uipath.com/robot/standalone/2022.4/user-guide/services-the-robot-connects-to

We also tried placing the packages manually into C:/User/UserName/.nuget on robot’s machine but without any success.

–Also, check at the back end if its able to create a folder for the process package.
Could be a dependency issue as well.–
Could you please elaborate on this topic?

Any further help is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

When you start installing the package, it should create a folder for the process where its suppose to download all the files, was it able to create that?

Also, check if you are facing this with other processes too? Or is it just machine specific issue.

Thanks.

I am also experiencing the same issue trying to install a package using assistant. It times out after about 15-20min. The folder gets created but no files are in the folder.

I have tried a number of work arounds:

• experienced this in the past, disabled UAC on the server and it seemed to start working.
  • Sometimes related to UAC, the owner of the package folder is an admin instead of the BOT Username. If you change the owner from admin to the BOT user name (using properties/security/advanced) the package was installing fine
  • now I am experiencing a new issue (UAC is disabled) where when I try to install a package, the folder owner will always change to admin (even if I have changed it to the BOT username).
  • I have also tried modifying proxy settings.
  • In addition to this, also tried restarting UiPath services, Assistant, rebooting server, etc…

We have found the solution to this issue and here are the steps that helped us fix it:

1. Ask your internal IT department to whitelist all links described in this article: https://docs.uipath.com/robot/standalone/2022.4/user-guide/services-the-robot-connects-to

2. Set up proxy for your configuration based on this article https://docs.uipath.com/robot/standalone/2022.4/user-guide/redirecting-robots-through-a-proxy-server

When you set up the proxy please open a NOTEPAD with administrator rights → SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK on the UiPath.config (C Program Files UiPath Studio) → Click Copy as Path → In the opened NOTEPAD click FILE → OPEN → Paste the path → press enter → add the proxy configuration as described in step 2

After completing the steps described above don’t forget to restart the UiRobot service and you should be good to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.