Process stopped working over the weekend. Can't click menu

Hi All. Last Friday, our bot process was working fine on our 4 robot PCs. Then on Monday it started failing on 3 of the 4. Our desktop engineers swear nothing changed, though I noticed the resolution on the 3 failing PCs had changed (they changed it back, but it didn’t fix the problem.) The Orch log shows:

Click ‘File Menu’: Click generic error.

Click ‘File Menu’: Cannot get the screen rectangle of this UI node. A possible reason might be that the element is not visible.

While the event log on the PC shows thousand of lines of this:

*UiPath.Executor 22.10.3.0 *
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040217): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040217

• at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Click(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, UiClickType clickType, UiMouseButton mouseBtn, UiInputMethod inputMethod, UiCursorMotionType cursorMotionType, Int32 cursorMotionDurationMs, UiKeyModifier keyModifier)*
  • at UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Services.UiInputService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.b__0()*
  • at UiPath.UIAutomationNext.Services.DriverServiceCore.WrapCom[T](Func`1 toExecute)*

Watching the robot run, everything looks fine (there’s no other window open, for example)…it just can’t click the menu. Note that this is the first selector in the process, so I think it’s a general problem, not specific to this click.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

@steve3886

Looks like the resolution issue only…did you happen to try setting login to console to no and set the reaolution in robot settings in orchestrator

Cheers

1 Like

Make sure when people are logging into the servers as robot accounts that they SIGN OUT from the start menu. Simply closing the RDP window breaks automations, because it leaves the session in a state similar to the screen being locked.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I checked the resolution settings in Orch for the bot that works vs the others…they’re all the same, and they haven’t changed. Also, the bot logs resolution both when it launches and when it opens the app in question…both look correct. So it does seem like a resolution issue but I’m not sure where else to check.

@steve3886

The zoom setting on the rdp or vm might be differenct can you please check…if that is different also…the resolution will come as same …

Check the screenshot if you have configured to see how the screen looks

Check this

Cheers

1 Like