Problem with screen resolution in production

studio
configuration

Hi,

How do I ensure that the screen resolution from my virtual Studio PC is the same in the Production PC?

I have a process that works very well on my Studio, but when I publish it via Orchestor, it can’t even manage a simple “type-into” on a logon-screen on a web page.

Thanks in advance,
Søren

How to run a Robot in Citrix background

Hey @Soren

Automation techniques may be sensible to resolution differences between the development and production environments.

There are cases when your automation may break or misbehave, depending on host and Virtual Machine resolution variations:

1. For a smaller Virtual Machine resolution, elements might be rearranged in an application with responsive layout or elements may be left out of viewport if scrollbars appear

2. For a smaller host resolution than the VM resolution, elements may be either left out if scrollbars appear in the VM window or they may suffer severe visual distortion if autoscaling is applied instead

By default, when a robot starts an interactive Windows session via Orchestrator, it uses the system resolution that the user configured for the machine.

If a custom resolution needs to be designated for the robot, You can make changes in UiPath.settings file on the system.
Uipath.settins file path_ - %ProgramData%\UiPath\UiPath.settings

t

Set the fields:

• ResolutionWidth //E.g.- 1080
  • ResolutionHeight //E.g.- 1920
  • ResolutionDepth //E.g.- 32
  • if you connect via RDP you should have loginToConsole: false
  • if you connect directly you should have loginToConsole: true

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi Aksh,

Thank you for your reply.

Seems like a good solution - I will test how it works on the robot…

Regards,
Søren

Hi @Soren,
How was the testing?
Did this setting work for you?
For me it doesn’t somehow :frowning:

Cheers,
J0sef

Bumping this.

Tried messing with all of the resolution settings on the PC in question and nothing changed. (same as @J0ska, sounds like)

Desperately need to override the standard res for this machine and nothing is working.

Is there another solution or better way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Hi Aksh,
How to set the scaling to 150% in the resolution, I am using windows 10 and the virtual machine is running on windows 10 too. I am using 1920*1080.