Problem with data scrapping

Hi, I’m new to the uipath universe and I have a question that won’t let me go. I need to extract a table from a website, with the data scrapping I could do it but when I passed it to excel I replaced the (.) With the (,), so I transformed the numbers.

How can I make the data scrapping recognize that column as text and not as a number?

1 Like

Hi @Guille267

Based on DataScrapping you have pasted in an excel based on for each activity u can use assign

row(“ColumnName”).ToString=Cint(row(“ColumnName”).ToString
and then check it

Thanks
Ashwin S

hi
welcome to uipath community
i would like to check on thing
–once after getting the datatable variable from data scrapping, pass that as input to output datatable activity which will give us a output of type string
–now use a write line activity and pass that string variable as input
–which will get us the output in the output panel
kindly share that screenshot please
lets validate that and it would help us go in right direction

Cheers @Guille267

hi,

I did what you told me and even here I am doing well. Now what I need is to export the entire table to an excel and that field be maintained with that format. (sorry if my english is not very good, I’m using the google translator) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fine
Concatenate with a single quote before the current value in the datatable and then enter that value in the excel
Like use a for each row loop and pass the above datatable variable as input
—inside the loop use a assign activity like this
row(“yourcolumnname”) = “‘“ + row(“yourcolumnname”).Tostring

Now pass this as a input to the excel
This won’t change the format

Cheers @Guille267

1 Like

okay. the question that remains is how to replace that value in the ExtractDataTable that generates the data scraping. I mean keep the original table and replace the incorrect value with the correct one. For example in cell H3 of the image

One clarification is that each extraction has a single row and is stored in Excel as it travels through another table. then I add 4 empty rows and return to take a new capture.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.