Uipath data scrapping format in excel

($5 for solution)
so my job is to extract multiple datatable out from a site.
Each datatable rows are varies

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23 - Official Site ( this is the dummy website that i did)

In this dummy set, there is only a SINGLE datatable extracted which is diff from mine.

Actual data scrapping in my flow looks like this :
ss

THEN FINAL WRITE TO EXCEL

WHICH BECAME THIS (MOCKUP DATA):
SS1

Reason why i uses this why because all these extract structured data info belongs to 1 person after each loop
yellow is Extract Structured Data 1 var = dt1
red is Extract Structured Data 2 = dt1
green is Extract Structured Data 3 = dt1
blue Extract Structured Data 4 = dt1
brown is Extract Structured Data 5 = dt1

so for every Extract Structured Data table it extract is will end up in the next column and next row.

This is what i wanted:
SS2

Thanks

3 Likes

Help

1 Like

@jackyWHJ

In this case, while doing write range for DT’s , specify the column from where we need to start.
for example if dt is yellow column then

in write range use dt and range will be “A1” , then dt1 should start writing from “D1” like this
have a try.

2 Likes

I tried
Dt A:C
Dt1 D:F
Dt2 G:H… So on

But the data will group together And can’t tell which hobby belongs to which person

1 Like

You need to construct your datatable how you want it to appear, you will need to add “blank rows” for each datatable to match that of the largest table for each sub group

So John will have a max row count of 4
Mary will have a max row count of 3
Amy will have a max row count of 2

I.e. DT1 will look like below:

Name Job Age
John Cook 30
Blank Blank Blank
Blank Blank Blank
Blank Blank Blank
Mary Account 25
Blank Blank Blank
Blank Blank Blank
Amy Cleaner 40
Blank Blank Blank
3 Likes

Do you have an example of how to add blank rows? Is it in uipath?

1 Like

@jackyWHJ Using “datatableName.NewRow” in add data row activity like below shown in pic, you can create blank rows.

4 Likes

a quick question, should i name all my datatable the same variable or different? i name it all the same because all are somehow correlated data.
and should my workflow look something like this?
do i need to build a data table?

1 Like

1-Initially take a counter and assign the value as “1” and take a ‘foreach row’ and put all the scrapped datatables in it .
2-Name all the Datatables with the different names.
3- After the dataScraping of each table Calculate the rows count of each datatable.
4-After this Write the datatables using the count values of rows using write range activities and the increment the counter.

For any Further help Let me Know.

Regards,
Suruchi K.

3 Likes

hi
thank you for your tips, do u have a sample workflow so that i can try on my side?
i’m new to uipath.
thank u v much

2 Likes