We had a process in prod with a component to print to PDF a form displayed in a frame in IE, which was running fine for a while and had never had any issues, but now for whatever reason it stops, IE hangs and VM needs restarting whenever the Print settings window appears after - either clicking Ctrl+P or right click>Print. No errors/logs are produced showing any errors saying elements not found/process crashed etc:
(Error downloading is a log file I have later where I check to ensure all files are downloaded, an if statement based on a count of files in a directory)
Nothing in the code has changed (except for switching to Ctrl+P from click>print and back again to see if that made a difference, which it does as both bring up the Print settings window before it hangs.
Anyone seen anything similar? I’ve tried resetting IE11 settings and doing the download manually from IE11 to check it still works, which it does, so I’m truly stumped why UiPath and IE11 seem to have stopped cooperating.
So I’ve redesigned the process, and now it opens a file in Adobe PDF reader, clicks File, then Print…and now it stops working again when trying to connect to/interact with the Print window. I’ve checked the element in UiExplorer and it says “valid”.
It would appear UiPath just doesn’t like Printing? Nothing in the logs would suggest an element can’t be found either. Any idea how I could go about even troubleshooting this? My logs suggest UiPath has attached to the Print window but then from there it skips to the end of my process with no indication as to why.
After some more troubleshooting it looks like no matter what I do, UiPath is unable to accurately and repeatedly interact with this:
Soon enough we will also improve the downloading procedure, hopefully
Yes another suggestion, as I continue this SoC-type of post:
you can try upgrading the UiAutomation package to the latest version. This one activity package has big influence over the actual UI Automation
The latest version is this one:
Office on the VM died about 2 weeks ago, needed a complete new install etc, and since then things have been a bit temperamental, but not sure if there’s been an update, and our IT insist everything is fine and no logs are being created showing anything acting as it shouldn’t. I will pass back your idea to them though, if it’s more than just me saying it they might look harder, thanks!