Picture in Picture (Experimental)

There is! :slight_smile: You have to click one of the icons on the right hand side of the PiP window that let’s you take control over the session inside it.

5 Likes

Does anyone have an idea, why PiP doesn´t automatically log in?
Win 10 normal credentials

1 Like

Hi @alias,

We haven’t received the log data from @Vajrang. If you could go through the steps and share the ZIP with us, it would be great. You can send it in a direct message to me.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Maciej,

Awesome, Tried it and it works!

Thanks!!

2 Likes

it was the master update in uipath :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi,
While I am running the PIP from Studio/Robot. I am getting the following error:
An error occurred while we tried to start the Picture in Picture

Can anyone please let me know the possible solutions?

Regards,
Sagnik

2 Likes

Hi,Its very important and good feature.I like the feature. But before go ahead,I have some questions in my mind regarding this feature :

• Can I use this feature without installing Uipath studio on client machine?

• What is the minimum software list need to install on machine for using PIP feature?

Cheers…:clap:

2 Likes

I worked with this feature! I have a corporate application that starts up with a pop up each time my laptop boots. I have to X out of it manually. The same thing happens when I PIP . That app pops up and blocks out the actual application my Attended automation needs to have access to.

This feature gives me the ability to go into the PIP session and X out of the App that gets in the way each time!

4 Likes

Hi! Same problem here. I tried to upload the file but it has 8.5 mb and this platform reject the upload for it sizes (“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is too big (maximum size is 4072KB).” What can I do?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @neojoy777

Could you please go into the UiPath installation folder ( %localappdata%\UiPath or C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath ) and open UiPath.DiagnosticTool.exe , select the Studio/Robot profile, go through the steps (next, next, next) and share with me the output via a direct message?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi @ClemensSteinbauer

What happens exactly?

1 Like

Hi @ashishyadav0691,
Thanks for the feedback!

Can I use this feature without installing UiPath studio on client machine?

You need only the Robot to be installed. Studio it’s not a pre-requisite.

What is the minimum software list need to install on machine for using PIP feature?

You just need to run the UiPath Robot on a Windows 8/Windows Server 2012 or newer version. You don’t need to install something else.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, is there any way to solve this problem?

1 Like

I have the following problem and cannot find documentation to solve it, could you help me?

1 Like

Hi,
I’m encountering the same error as the other guys have with ‘RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred while we tried to start the process in Picture in Picture’ when running a sample process. I’ll be sending you the logs via DM.

Thanks,
Russel

2 Likes

Living in the era of automation means, everything is super cool… and when it comes to UiPath and their amazing team, they know some magic no one has ever tried or tested :smiley:

Cool stuff guys… Just amazing feature…

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Picture in Picture (Experimental):

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred while we tried to start the process in Picture in Picture.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.ChildSession.Client.UI.SessionForm.d__12.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.ChildSession.Client.ChildSessionClient.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass4_2.<<-ctor>b__6>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.IOHelpers.d__10.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.IOHelpers.d__16`1.MoveNext()

1 Like

Woww…!! This will help a back office staff to perform their work parallel without waiting the robot job to complete and this will optimize the resource utilization and save a lot of time… cheers for a great PiP feature!!

2 Likes

I also encountered the same problem. Did you get any solution?

1 Like

@radutzp @Vajrang I am also facing the same issue while executing a process in PiP mode. Could you help me in resolving it?

1 Like