Picture in Picture (Experimental)

PiPError

1 Like

yet to be resolved

1 Like

I too still unable to get it resolved

Seems to have issues running on Windows 10 Home!

1 Like

Please do not hesitate to submit bugs via the Studio built-in feedback feature.

It’s the simplest way to have your bug registered in our tracking system. You can learn a bit more about how it is then processed here.

1 Like

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue. I have reached out to you in a message but it is saying the zip file is too large to share.

1 Like

I seem to be facing the same issue that several folks have posted to this forum. I’ll be surprised if it hasn’t been reported as a bug. Nevertheless, I will do so. But for now, here’s what I see based on my experience.

This feature doesn't work on Windows 10 Home, but has worked without hassle on Windows 10 Enterprise. This is true unless someone has encountered a failure on Windows 10 Enterprise.

I see a blank White PIP Window before the whole thing freezes our desktop and ends in a failure.

Thanks!

1 Like

Done!

2 Likes

I got this issue on Win 10 Enterprise, and I sent the details to the guys. I also observed a blank window. The issue’s origin is not in Home/Prof/Enterprise for sure. Let’s see, if they are going to fix it in a next release.

2 Likes

I definitely hope that is indeed the case. Otherwise, having issues of Home Vs Enterprise would be a headache!
I’m still trying to figure out what the difference between my two environments is in the hope that I can get it working on my personal laptop.

thanks for posting your clarification!

1 Like

遇到同样问题

1 Like

In my Windows PC, I can use only PIN code, I cannot login with password by company role.

Everytime I tried to log in with PIN code, picture in picture does not work, and it causes time out error.

Is it OK to use picture in picture using PIN code logg in, not password?

1 Like

Hi. Is it possible to run a workflow in PiP using a bat file?

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Really interesting this PiP new feature, but I have a question, is there a need of local admin rights to be able to run a process in PiP? Unable to run processes in PiP because it throws an error message that this feature has to be enabled, even though it is enabled from the Debug ribbon
pip issue

2 Likes

Hi @norbi,

Here’s what we think is happening:

• we have a logic in place that checks if this is enabled
  • this logic is called every time PIP is executed
  • if the user doesnt have admin rights and the feature is not enabled, we attempt to elevate the user / ask for elevation
  • elevation logic might fail sometimes
  • when this happens we say that the feature is not enabled and throw that error

Two problems here we need to tackle:

• confirm / investigate why the elevation fails
  • give a better error message on this case. We need to say that we attempted to enable PIP but failed and manual activation is needed with admin rights + point the user to a doc url.

To really confirm this, we need your help.

Please go into the UiPath installation folder (%localappdata%\UiPath or C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath) and open UiPath.DiagnosticTool.exe , select the Studio/Robot profile, go through the steps (next, next, next) and share with @radutzp or @loginerror the output via a direct message?

Thank you

2 Likes

Quick Summary: Picture In Picture lets you see Bot running in a new session when it is started, which is kind of a replica of your own desktop and it will be positioned in a corner of the screen where you will be able to see your process running

Limitations: PIP can be used in Attended automation alone, Normally process we run from orchestrator are unattended in nature. Its applicable to foreground process and we can run only one FG at a time. Attended automation requires separate license.

1 Like

I have tried this on Windows 10 Home Edition.

The UiPath Assistant was started in Admin mode. And when I attempted to run a process in PiP, it ended in a failure.

Thanks

1 Like

i’m tried this it’s so intresting

1 Like

Hi,

When I start processing the ronot (Attended robot) on my Windows 10 machaine I get this error
How can I enable the PIP mode on windows 10 ?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi,

I tried to share the UiPath.DiagnosticTool.exe result via private message but it seems that new users cannot upload attached files. How can I do to send you the debug files ?

Thanks for your help

2 Likes