Picture in Picture (Experimental)

When it’s officially released, it’s a great feature for users.

UiPath users can continue working without waiting for the robot to complete.
Improves productivity.

4 Likes

Thanks for update. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi. It’s cool feature I think.
I have a question about this.
Is process in PiP like process in virtual machine?
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @AWoz, you can keep the session between runs by toggling off the last icon of the PiP window:

This way, the session will remain intact between runs.

10 Likes

Yes, we plan for 20.10 (2020 LTS).

9 Likes

It’s supported from Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 onward.

6 Likes

For now, you can only start it manually. We don’t know exactly where will land with the final version though. Anyway, most probably it will not be available from Orchestrator. This is a feature meant to be used from attended robots.

6 Likes

Hi @Vajrang,

Could you please go into the UiPath installation folder (%localappdata%\UiPath or C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath) and open UiPath.DiagnosticTool.exe, select the Studio/Robot profile, go through the steps (next, next, next) and share with me the output via a direct message?

Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

You can just minimize the window and it will not disturb you anymore :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

Is process in PiP like process in virtual machine?

Yes, it’s like running the process in the virtual machine. But, in fact, it runs on the same machine, with the same user

4 Likes

Great Feature, @radutzp @Uipath
It will sure help attended BOT work as parallel. :100:

4 Likes

Mind. Blown. :exploding_head: That’s awesome! Thanks for letting me know @radutzp

2 Likes

@radutzp it a very nice update, can we expect multiple PiP sessions paving for parallel processing in Attended Ui automations??

5 Likes

It looks cool, but it did not manage to run the login or type text in simple text file. After I logged in it just open a text file but not write into it. Hope it improves in time.

1 Like

Wow ! superb feature ! intersting !

1 Like

Any news what caused the error that @Vajrang encountered? I’ve got the same runtime exp error.

2 Likes

You guys at UiPath are nuts! :smiley:

I just ran a few attended bots in PIP mode. It was smoooooooooooooothh!

Hope you folks release it at the earliest!

Cheers!

4 Likes

if we stop process from studio while the process running in PiP, it is not stopping , i saw there is some disconnection between PiP Sesison and Studio , Triggering is fine , but stopping is not working

1 Like

I tried my hands on UiPath Picture in Picture … Its works perfectly how ever -

1. Its asking for repeated password as I use Pin to Login my win10
  2. Also faced Time out issues multiple time during start of Child session.

I hope these will be taken care to team in next release.

1 Like

HI,

I tried using this feature but was just wondering if the bot requires user input is there a way for me to click the message box inside the PIP currently?
As my bot requires user to click a message box and select files and folders. When I ran it with the PIP, I tried clicking the message box inside the PIP but it didn’t seem to work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

3 Likes