Pdf Automation and save in excel

Help me to extract data from pdf and store it in excel file in a separate line.

But my output like this Please refer my attached screenshot.

I am using “Read PDF Text” activity for fetching data from PDF file

I want to store my data in excel file in the following formate.

From Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce
Time & Life Building
1271 Avenue of the Americas
18th Floor
New York, NY 10020

Invoice ID 8327
Issue Date 12/07/2013
Due Date 02/05/2014 (Net 60)
Subject Lucky Strike: “It’s Toasted” Campaign

Please help me ASAP
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Can you please tell me which step are you stuck at? Or do you just need an xaml file with the solution?

First are you able to get the entire data when you are reading the pdf file if yes then you will get that as a string so first split with line by line using environment.newline and then split with space

if possible send me the sample data or tell me where you are stuck

Hello friend,

I’ve been having similar problems, and I’ve found really good Custom Activity that helped me with something similar to this.

If your PDF files are the same, just with different text, you could use this activity to extract info from point to point.

UiPath-PDF-to-Excel-Extractor-master.zip (393.1 KB)

All credit goes to the guys who created this activity : Erik van Gemert and Anatoly Chernenk

2 Likes

@kalyanDev @VirajN @srdjan.suc
Here I have attached my workflow Main.xaml (9.8 KB) , PDF file inv 1.pdf (38.8 KB) and Actual Output excel sheet I got Actual_Sheet.xlsx (9.2 KB) and
Also attached Desired excel sheet in this format i want Expected_Sheet.xlsx (9.1 KB) .
Please help me.

Thank you for your reply.

It is not properly Working in studio version:2019.6.0 as I have already tried earlier. Thanks for the response

Main.xaml (50.8 KB) PFA…

2 Likes

Thank you @kalyanDev for helping, it solves my problems.

regards
shivam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.