OrchestratorHttpRequest results in System.ServiceModel.ActionNotSupportedException error

Hi

I’m just trying to make a plain, simple OrchestratorHttpRequest to the Orchestrator Community Edition (cfr About OData and References),

but I get the following error:
image.

I searched this forum for the error message, but couldn’t find anything helpful.

Anyone any ideas what might be going wrong?

Hi @ivandeca

Could you make sure that UiPath services are up and running and that you do not have two different Studio installation on your machine?

I would first try to restart the machine. See for more clues in this post:

Thanks @loginerror

Restarting my laptop did the trick! (Don’t really understand why, as I didn’t update since last restart, and still have multiple studio installations on my machine, but anyway.)

But now I have the following question:
The “authenticate” request works fine, but eg. the “releases - get by name” request (see screen shot below) doesn’t.

The JSON response is:

I’m using an Orchestrator HTTP Request activity.
From Activities - Orchestrator HTTP Request, I understand that with this type of request I don’t need to provide the bearer token since

UiPath.Core.Activities.OrchestratorHttpRequest

Performs HTTP requests to the Orchestrator API by authenticating under the Robot it is executed on.

And that with this specific request there’s no JSONPayload. Correct?

I’m connected with orchestrator: when I debug this little sequence the robot is busy.
Testing the same request in Postman is succesful.

So, what am I missing?
Or do I need to use the HTTP Request instead of the Orchestrator HTTP Request?

Hi @ivandeca

Strange, it seems to be working with a simple:

"/odata/Robots"

I suppose it has to do with the required permissions

(Weird though that this limitation is only valid in UiPath and not in eg Postman)

Even weirder:
a simple “odata/releases” does not work with an Orchestrator HTTP Request, but with a plain HTTP Request it works.

I’m afraid I still don’t get the hang of it :frowning:

Hi @ivandeca,

The difference is that when you use the Orchestrator HTTP request activity you authenticate to Orchestrator via the robot, so in this case you use the Robot role permissions. In your example you are performing a GET call to /odata/releases and as you can see in the attached image the Robot role doesn’t have View permissions on Processes, but it has View permissions for Robots (this is why it was working for @loginerror).

The simple solution is to give necessary right to the robot. I would create a new role and just add it to your robot from the Users page.

Thanks,
Andrei

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.