Orchestrator Jobs table performance issues

Hi all,

We have started to experience a couple of strange issues that I suspect are related as they both involve the Jobs table in Orchestrator.

Using Orchestrator 2019.10.15 and 15 x attended robots on 20.10.2

5 days ago, we started to experience the following 2 issues.


The Jobs view on Orchestrator would take a long time to return a list - and now they mostly time out after about 100 seconds with an error (#100 or #101) flashing up briefly. I am assuming it is a timeout.

I can see the Orchestrator server working hard during that 100 seconds, especially CPU (it adds about 50% of the CPU capacity to whatever is already being used)

Orchestrator DB server looks unstressed during the 100 seconds.

All the other views in Orchestrator return their usual lists (including Logs which is a much bigger table behind the scenes).


Around the same time, we are seeing a large number of attended Bot runs that report as “Faulted”.

However, the logs for those Jobs show the automation completes OK, and the human agents report that the Bot completes it’s tasks.

The odd thing is the info field in the Jobs table (not visible inside Orchestrator, but can be seen by connecting direct to the SQL Server) reports that it is unable to get the result of the job execution (and hence reports it as faulted as it cant confirm it was successful).

The full text in the jobs.info field every time is:
“Could not retrieve the result of the job execution. This might be because a message was too large to process.
RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Could not retrieve the result of the job execution. This might be because a message was too large to process.”

We have checked and double-checked, and there is nothing we can find that would produce a large message. Nothing has changed in the automation.

I am not familiar with what “RemoteException wrapping” would be - sounds like Orchestrator has some built-in exception handling for info it is receiving from the robots ie generated remote from the Orchestrator?

In summary, both these issues seem to affect the jobs table in Orchestrator.
Nothing has changed in the automations themselves to introduce a new exception.

I am hoping someone in the community has come acorss this before and may be able to give me some pointers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.


Hello @Graham!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

  1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

  2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

  3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

  4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

  5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly