Offline Robot, one published packe needs to call another package

@richard2e , Then the Problem lies in the Process itself somewhere, the Error indicates that it was not able to find the file in the preferred location.

So Maybe can you Check the project.json file of the Process which you are trying to invoke ? The Process names must be the same.

This seems to be fine as well:

@richard2e , Maybe Next Step Analysis would be to understand if the Invoker is giving out error or the Invoked Process, Using the Original Parent Process, use Invoke Process on the Simple Process created, not the HSDemoSubprocess which was giving out the error.

We suggest some trial and Error Methods like these to come to a conclusion.

If at all the Process doesn’t give out error, maybe you would need to re-do the HSDemoSubProcess as a new process and check if it would be able to invoke properly.

Will do tomorrow, thanks a lot for helping to troubleshoot this issue!

Cheers

1 Like

Hello again,

I have tried it again today and somehow it just worked. I have just published a new version without changing anything and it found it right away.
So no idea what the problem was in the end.

But now that this works, I’m facing a different problem that I fear I won’t be able to solve.

Can a workflow check if another workflow is available without actually calling it?
Before publishing the workflows, I checked if a certain .xaml file is present, but since this isn’t an option anymore, how would I accomplish this?

Cheers

@richard2e , Are you referring to a Workflow or a Whole Process, Like the Process you are trying to Invoke ?

I’m refering to a workflow that I have published and that is available in my assistant. That I am calling with the “invoke process” activity.

@richard2e , You wouldn’t be needing to check in this case, since you are the one who will publish and add it to the Packages folder, there by allowing it to exist. Hence, it wouldn’t be needed.

But let’ say if you do want to Check, then you could check by specifying the file Path, as we do already know the processes once published or installed are going to be present in a Particular Folder, we can Check it’s availability using File.Exists or the Activity File Exists.

Well my control workflow is supposed to manage a multitude of sub-workflows, and this check is meant as a fail-safe in case we get something to process where ther is no sub-workflow defined for yet.

I was hoping to not have to manually go trough the entire file structure by hand, since I don’t know the exact configuration of the environment where this will be deployed later.

Hi @richard2e ,

I would say, if you want to Check if the Process Exists, Just Check the Nuget Package file exists or not, and we do know the Folder Path for it :

C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages

So you’ll be knowing the Nuget Package Name as well, so you can Append it the package name and Check it’s existence in the below way :

File.Exists(Path.Combine("C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages","YourNugetPackageName"))

I will consider this, thank you.

1 Like