How can I publish a robot on my local drive so others can run it from assistant while offline?

I am trying to publish a robot whos default location is C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages. I can successfully run this offline from assistant since we don’t have an orchestrator license, but the other users can’t access it since it is published on my local drive. What settings do I need to change so that this process shows up on everyone’s assistant?

1 Like

Hey @mattjh09

You can publish and share the file to them.

Thanks
#nK

Hello @mattjh09

Here if you have any version controllers like git or bitbucket, you can upload the package to that and whoever needs can connect to that repository.

Else you can share the package via email or share folder if company policy allows.

So how do all the other users access these processes from assistant while offline? Where is the menu for the other users to attach their assistant to the folder where I publish these processes?

Hi @mattjh09,

The assistant keeps the projects it runs in the following directory. If you can make this directory a public domain, you can manage the last used version with other users.

or for enterprise,

Regards,
MY

Mine are actually published here… “C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages”. Am I unable to change this default folder to a public folder? Or is the only way to share these published automations to share the “C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages”? If that’s the case then I guess I’m out of luck since I don’t have permission to share this folder.

1 Like

Hey @mattjh09

There is a new way to keep other local folder in documents as package source but this is available only in latest release

The same can be configured or changed I believe from settings file in the installation folder.

Thanks
#nK