Office 365 Exchange Online - Send Exchange Mail Activity, HOW?!

turns out, this is an internal issue about validating from Exchange Online and into our local domain.

I would just like to add how i got to this conclusion so others have a chance to test if they are in the same “boat”.

Step one is to verify DNS setup for your Exchange, so go to https://www.testconnectivity.microsoft.com
Click the Office 365 General Tests > Office 365 Exchange Domain Name Server (DNS) Connectivity Test
Here you test you domain and make sure it all returns OK (green)

next on your domain lookup your UPN using powershell

Step two is to do a new search from the link but this time run Outlook Autodiscover and use your UPN

now expand the result and have a look at the red one, should be the last sub test if you have the same issue as me. Expand it fully and read the details of what your issue is. if all is green from those tests some thing else is wrong.

But after i presented these results for my backoffice they confirmed that the issue was Exchange Online not being able to verify users this specific way (EWS) in our AD.

They also made me aware about the chage from EWS to Graph/OAuth Upcoming changes to Exchange Web Services (EWS) API for Office 365 - Microsoft Tech Community and discontinue of EWS login from 13 Otc. 2020, so i would guess that UiPath need to update their library regarding Send Exchange Mail.

2 Likes