Not able to automate Putty 0.67

I’m trying to load a saved session in putty0.67. Not able to capture any informative screen or selectors using Indicate on screen. Please help to resolve this

For automate putty you need to try with image based Automate

Regards
JothyPrasanth M

@jothyprasanth.m can’t even select images using ‘Indicate on screen’/‘take informative screenshot’

U can try with Region on the putty screen

What version of Putty? I did automate Release 0.60

Release 0.67

nope, didn’t work

Hi @yogeshgyw

Try running the Studio as Administrator. It should allow you to capture the selectors.

Nope, not working

Did you try with UiExplorer? This selector did help me to click the Load button:

<wnd app='putty.exe' cls='PuTTYConfigBox' title='PuTTY Configuration' />
<wnd aaname='Load' cls='Button' title='&amp;Load' />

It is strange, because I tested it myself with Putty 0.67.

It would not capture selectors with Studio launched normally, but worked nicely when I open my Studio with administrator privileges:

Even uiExplorer not able to fetch selectors. Thanks for the selectors

quite strange, I guess it may be because of the environment I’m working on. But I’m able to capture other application other than putty. Its a server with limited privileges.

I’ve never had an issue automating PuTTY since starting to use UiPath. My version would have been the 0.69 64bit MSI version of PuTTY at the time of starting to use UiPath. Today I’m running 0.70 and tried both 32 and 64 bit versions without issue on a Windows 10 Pro host with Studio 2018.3.2.

One of my co-works has had the same issue as you. Troubleshooting today, we ran his Studio with Admin and it worked with an installed version of 0.67. He also had a portal version of 0.60 which worked without admin.

We installed the latest (0.70) 64 bit version for him and it worked without admin, followed up by installing 0.70 32 bit version and it works.

My suggestion would to update your PuTTY installation and give it another whirl, if still having troubles detail the version of PuTTY include bit version, portable vs installer, how you are running the session and any other details you think might be relevant.

My thoughts is something changed with how PuTTY is installed (assuming you used the installation version). PuTTY 0.67 was released 2016-03-05. At this time the installer package was an EXE using the Inno Setup packaging, 5 days later the switch to MSI was made and the two installer packages were available for some time.

As of 2017-01-21, 64-bit version was introduced and to my knowledge only the MSI installers going forward were provided.

0.68 released 2017-02-21
0.69 released 2017-04-29
0.70 released 2017-07-08

In either case, I would update your PuTTY version to the latest as each of the released since 0.67 have known vulnerabilities that have since been patched by the later releases. Latest stable version can be obtained from the original source: Download PuTTY: latest release (0.77)