Neither Set Focus or Click(Simulate/WindowsMessage) finds browser element offscreen

Element 1-n pages from top of page is not found using Set Focus or Click with Simulate or Windows Message. Should it? Is this an artifact of using “Community Edition”?

I was able to kludge up a loop using Element Exists and HotKey(pgdn), but this doesn’t seem like the best approach.

Version info:
Studio 2019.12.0-beta.61 - 12/16/2019
Community License
EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal
Activation ID: UIP-c89b59efb7

Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.7.2 or later

what are you trying here??
are trying to click on any element on the page?? or how is it like??

There are two elements I’m targeting, both contained in a larger DIV.

First, I need to get text (aaname/innerhtml) from an element (it indicates whether there are files to download).
Second, I need to click the Download All button and perform Save As.

All of this is located 1-n pages down from the top of the page. In fact, all elements I’m using on this page have the possibility of being out of sight, right? Deliberate programming requires that I account for the possibility that elements are not visible every single time.

The way I interpret the Simulate Click and SendWindowsMessages modifiers, they should find the element even when beyond the currently visible portion of the browser. This appears not to work. Maybe that is because I am using the Community Version of Studio. Even if this is corrected, I don’t find a similar modifier for Get Text or Get Attribute.

Is browser best practice to always use a paging loop to make the element visible before attempting to collect data?

1 Like