Need help on understanding uipath licensing

Here goes the requirement.
Planning to have 5 vm’s. 2 for development 1 for test and 2 for production deployment.

Question 1)
Do I really need to have robot licence for dev vm’s?

Question 2)
Robot licence can be shared between test and prod?

Question 3)
purchasing one developer licence is enough? so that I can install studio on a VM and enable 2+ developer to use the same licensed studio by login there own profile at same time?

Is it possible?

Question 4)
Do test and prod can share the same orchestrator licence?

Thanks,

Hi @manirajmkr,
Please check this.

Regards
Balamurugan

hi @balupad14

I was trying to connect uipath sales team but not able to. Can anyone able to help me on this?

1 Like

Hi @manirajmkr,
I hope you have tried the below link :

I will forward this to @ovi and @badita

Regards
Balamurugan

Yes, Exactly.

Can you arrange a call because i need to have a deeper knowledge on the licencing before purchase.

thanks,

Can you arrange a call because i need to have a deeper knowledge on the licencing before purchase.

1 Like

Hi @manirajmkr,
Already I sent the links to you. I forward this one to @ovi and @badita. You will get answer from them.

Regards
Balamurugan

Hi,

1. You will need a Studio license for development purposes. The Robot on the development machine will take Studio license because it’s for development purposes.
  2. What do you mean by shared? Same license? Sales team would know this answer for sure.
  3. No, in your scenario, just one license is not enough for development purposes.
  4. Again, what do you mean by this? To have only one Orchestrator for dev/test and production? Technically you can do this but it depends a lot on your environment, on developers permissions etc. And again, sales should know these answers based on the setup you want to have.

I hope it’s a bit more clear now. Thanks!