Mouse hover and drop down selection

Hi @AshwinS2
That menu not enable for click event. It’s only enable in only for mouse hover.
So we can’t able to use click event right? If yes please give steps
Thanks

Hi @vivek_sivam

Is Send Hot key tab able to navigate to that menu and thengiven down and give enter

Thanks
Ashwin S

My web site is similar to make my trip site.
Once you mouse over the more option after that only menu’s are display. what should i need to use here and How?

Can some one give solution
Thanks

@vivek_sivam
If I understand you properly there is some condition where you must go in the website.
For example the robot will know if it must go to “My Biz”.
So I still saying that you can take all of your URL Paths and when you want to say the robot to go in “My Biz” use the URL for “My Biz”. Because your website is with only drop down menu.
After every click the URL is changing so you can use the URL always to get the specific page that you need.

Hi @Veselin_Ganchev
OK I have took “My Biz URL” https://mybiz.makemytrip.com/v2/
How to i give it in steps.?
1.Open the browser
2.Lunch the url (make my trip url opened)
Then what is the next steps to open more option and select my biz

Hi @vivek_sivam

Did you tried options in below post:

@Sasi.lalo
Its different from mine

Try with Hover click activity for click dropdown after that put click activity for click Deals or something else. @vivek_sivam

@Kalees9486 i have used hover. When i use hover that time my menu didn’t display it’s hided.So i can’t able to connect

At the time you just put some delay and click the drop down manually, then indicate the activity.

@vivek_sivam I had deeply studied all the comments for your help. However, most of the solutions I tried myself did not work. I propose to you a little technical way of handling this type of dropdowns which only appear upon hovering.

Please follow the steps below at your environment and let me know if it worked.

1. Select from the menu “Hover” activity

2. Indicate the element inside your browser

3. Create a variable for the Hover activity and name it like “selectedElement” and change the type to “UiPath.Core.UiElement”

4. Below the Hover select a Click Text activity

5. In the properties panel, give the variable in the Element box

6. Write the text you want to choose from the dropdown in the text box of Click Text activity

7. Drag a Close Tab activity at the end of the process

I hope this method will help a lot if not you… :slight_smile:

I create a variable and added that variable in Click roperties but how does this variable maps to the hover activity?

Firstly use hover activity hover the mouse on a particular tab.
Secondly use click text activity and inside the textbox (text in properties) write a dropdown item which we want to select in dropdown.

I am currently facing the same issue and was able to resolve it by using the app/web recorder. When the webpage you wish to automate is open, click on “App/Web Recorder” in the studio, and then record the hover and click actions you want to automate. Once completed, the activities will be added to the process.

I was having the same issue. When I wanted to select the item of the dropdown section, I could never do it due to it disappearing once the UI selection phase started. The solution I found to just right click the dropdown and it wont disappear anymore.

Images examples below in the acme-test.uipath.com:

1. Click Indicate in ‘App’

2. Pause configuration (F2)

3. Use your mouse right click on top of the dropdown section

4. You can now select the dropdown option, without it disappearing