Click on item in the drop-down menu

Currently I am doing an automation in which I find a dropdown menu, within my config file I have which element is the one I must select. I have tried to use the Select Item option but it does not work with this element, I have also been searching inside the forum and I have found options using the Find Children activity but in most of the examples they only take the values ​​from the drop down menu but do not select anything. Can someone suggest me an alternative of how I can perform this procedure?

@JavXult

You can use click activity to click the drop down element
After that place another click activity and click on the first item in the drop down
You will get the selector and do same for second item in the drop down
Now check the difference between the selectors, try to make the dynamic selector using those

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

The problem is that there are multiple options that the drop-down menu shows, so it is necessary to scroll down or up to find the values, so with a simple click this will be difficult.

Try using select item.

Hi, I already tried to use this activity but as I mentioned, Select Item does not accept the element I am trying to use even though it is a dropdown menu, so I am looking for other alternatives to this.

@JavXult

You can try with simulate option enable, I don’t have your drop down access so you can try with this option also

Thanks

1 Like

I tried that but the bot is not clicking even though it validates it.

Hi @JavXult

You Refer this

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

Hi @JavXult

If the select does not work for you go with as suggested by @Srini84 with adding one more point

Use click activities for that

1. First click activity to click the dropdown element

2. Use Set Focus activity to set focus to specific option u need to select [ make it dynamic selector based on option u need to select]

3. Second click activity to select the options [ make it dynamic]

Regards,
Nived N

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the alternative but I still have the same problem, the bot passes the click activity but it doesn’t really do it, (even with the Simulate Click option).Even when the drop-down menu is not displayed the bot validates the element that I want to select as if it were visible.

Hi @NIVED_NAMBIAR this actually worked, but I had to deactivate the “SimulateClick” option to do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.