Microsoft Office 365 package version 1.9.0 - Username/Password authentication method not working

Hello, I have been using the official UiPath office 365 activities package for our Unattended robot to fetch emails from an O365 mail box. We use the Username and Password authentication method, apart from on the first run, for this case we use Interactive token to grant permission to the App, and then revert back to Username and Password in the properties panel. This has been working perfectly fine in version 1.3.1. I recently upgraded to version 1.9.0 and am now getting an error.

Since upgrading this activity package from version 1.3.1 to 1.9.0 we keep receiving the following error message -

RemoteException wrapping Microsoft.Identity.Client.MsalUiRequiredException: AADSTS65001: The user or administrator has not consented to use the application with ID ‘7XXXXXX’ named ‘PR051_LCV_Grading’. Send an interactive authorization request for this user and resource,

However, rolling back to version 1.3.1 I do not receive this error when trying to send and read emails from the robot office365 account.

Do you know if this is an error with the 1.9.0 Office365 activities pack

If the same credentials are working now also in the 1.3.1 package then there is some bug. Unfortunately I do not have any credentials to test the both version.

@loginerror @Pablito → Can you please have a look?

Hi @yusuf_aziz,

This should actually work as this is just a package upgrade.

Looping in @ovidiuponoran for his inputs on this, he would know why such behaviour :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @yusuf_aziz

The main differences between 1.3.1 and 1.9.0 that may have an impact on the situation you’ve described:

• we are using newer versions of Microsoft.Graph and Microsoft.Identity.
  • the InteractiveToken uses by default UiPath app in scope activity (i.e. OAuthApplication = UiPath)

My intuition is that after upgrading your scope activity has OAuthApplication = UiPath and you need to simply change its value to Custom in order to use your own Azure AD application. Let me know if that worked.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.