Microsoft Office 365 Scope - User or admin has not consented to use the application

Hello all,

I have installed the package “UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities” and started configuring it using this setup guide:

And I added the application ID, tenant ID, and authentication type “UsernameAndPassword”.

And I get this error:

Microsoft Office 365 Scope: AADSTS65001: The user or administrator has not consented to use the application with ID ‘XXXXX’ named ‘UiPath’. Send an interactive authorization request for this user and resource.
Trace ID: e6689882-645f-4f4c-b28a-87ffcfc89500
Correlation ID: f3f53c5d-f72b-484a-b555-dc3c201804b9
Timestamp: 2019-12-23 17:38:29Z

What do I need to do? I read some people say that you would need to do an Oauth2 HTTP request which I didn’t understand nor found proper documentation for it.

Help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue. Do you able solve it ?

Hello, yes I found a way to solve this, but I don’t think it is the official way.

Just select the first option in the AuthenticationType, then run a quick test and it will open the login screen for Microsoft, login and give permission.

Then change the AuthenticationType back to UsernameAndPassword, all should be okay now.

I had to do this only once, then the UsernameAndPassword will always work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.