Licensing Unattended Across Different Windows Users

Hi

We currently have 4 unattended robot licenses, assigned to 4 windows users, on 4 separate virtual machines

The windows users drive what apps the robot can see, based on AD group

Is it possible to share those 4 licenses across more users, if only 4 vms are used, and only 4 ever run at once?

Currently we have
robot1 / vm1
robot2 / vm2
robot3 / vm3
robot4 / vm4

I would like to have
robot1 / vm1
robot1b / vm1
robot2 / vm2
robot3 / vm3
robot4 / vm4

Where robot1 and robot1b users never run at the same time, but by scheduling each one separately different processes can be automated

Thanks

Different process can still be run on the same machine. So robot 1 can run on vm1 and run all the same processes that robot 1b does.

Hi @rwoodburn,

I think what you’re looking for is: Concurrent User

This type of license is available for Attended and Development Robots.

A type of license that helps users that work in shifts, as licenses are consumed only when you actually want to use a Robot.

A concurrent license is consumed in Orchestrator, depending on its type, when:

the Robot is connected to Orchestrator
the UiPath Robot Tray is running (and not only while it is executing a process)
Studio is running
As a result, you can have hundreds of Robots defined on multiple machines but only use, for example, 50 licenses at a specific moment in time, as that is the maximum number of users who simultaneously connect their Robot to Orchestrator.
More info here:

Thanks

I had looked at this, but was wondering is that a different license than the standard unattended? (and therefore a difference price)

Or is it simply a setting?

Thanks

@rwoodburn I think that the attended license is way cheaper but for prices you have to call Uipath.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

The licenses need to be unattended

Consider a scenario that a finance system uses windows single sign on

User 1 can raise a request, but it needs user 2 to approve

If only one unattended license was available, how could 2 different windows users log in (at different times) to automate the process?

Thanks

@rwoodburn for Unattended that is the only license model we sell right now.

Hi @rwoodburn,

You can achieve this setup with 4 unattended licences (concurrent runtimes) in orchestrator.

1 Like

Hi

Can you please advise how?

When licensing a robot you must provide user name and password. If I provide 5 usernames I’ll get an error

Thanks

Hi @rwoodburn

As mentioned by @ovi , for unattended robots, UiPath has concurrent runtime licensing model. As mentioned by you earlier, you want to run 2 processes on same VM at different times using different robots. You can assign 1 runtime to this VM in orchestrator from “Machines” Tab and can configure 2 robots against this machine.

Thanks

Sorry I may not have been clear - I don’t need to run concurrently on the one machine

As the windows users dictate what applications the user can see, I want to be able to use 4 licences, across more than 4 users, but at different times

So 1am - 1pm the 4 licences are assigned to windows users 1-4. From 1pm - 1am, the 4 licenses are assigned to windows users 5-8, thus allowing the robots to access different applications.

Is this feasible?

Hi @rwoodburn,

any update on your problem? i am also having the same situation where my customer only have 1 unattended robot but they want to share it with multiple department (diffrent windows user but on the same VM )

@ovi can you please confirm if this scenario work ? the robot will not work on the same time.
can we schedule the robot to run on UserWindows1/VM1 on 9AM, then run on UserWindows2/VM1 on 12 AM.

Thanks
Tommy

Hi

This works fine for me provided the schedule is ok

Ryan Woodburn

Consulting | Deloitte MCS Limited

M: +447801548207

rwoodburn@deloitte.co.uk | www.deloitte.co.uk

Any update on how to make this work? We have a two processes that can be accomodated on one machine, but need two different IDs. Compliance won’t allow one user (robot ID) to be assigned to both roles.

Provided they are scheduled to run at different times, and two separate robot users are created, it has been fine for me

Ryan Woodburn
rwoodburn@deloitte.co.uk

I have a similar scenario, where I have a need to use two different Robot Id’s on the same VDI (license). I was able to create two unattended robots in Orchestrator (2018.4.6) both with the same machine. I ran an automation on each robot on that same machine and they both ran successfully. I even ran both at the same time to ensure that Orchestrator would put the second one into pending state and it did.