Level 3 - ReFramework Assignment 1 - Value of type "Uipath.Core.QueueItem" cannot be converted to "String"

I have a datatype error I was hoping someone could assist with. The compiler errors related to the data types are shown in the image below.

• No errors exist on the “Assign Data” sequence.
  • No errors exist on the “Attach Window” sequence.
  • The only errors are the result of the condition on the Flow Decision that confirms if the entry is a double data type. I have tried to work with different combinations of datatypes but no solve. The variable values I assigned are below along with the Type Into values. Strange the decision flow produces the error but the sequences do not. Most appreciated.

I don’t know if I’m on the right track. But the CashIn variable which is the first one in your variables list is declared a QueueItem. Could this be the cause. The error states very clearly that you are trying to convert a QueueItem to String.

It should be QueueItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”).toString. Assuming that CashIn is a content in the QueueItem.

Andy I think you are definitely headed in the right direction. Are you referring to updating the Variable Type to that value or something else? Thanks for replying so quickly.

@jamiejam

Are you using Orchestrator Queues or not?

If not then change Datatype from QueueItem to other required Datatype.

Hi @jamiejam

CashIn, OnUsCheck, and NotOnUsCheck should be a String variable :slight_smile:

Hi @jamiejam

@JRodriguez is right. The first 3 arguments should be of String data type.
Then I believe there is one argument missing. There should be an in_TransactionItem argument of type QueueItem.
And on your Assign activities, CashIn = in_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”).ToString and so on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That was excellent feedback Ganta, Jessica, and Jan. I really appreciate it. I had done the assignment this way initially which only appeared to produce correct outcomes for the Assign sequence and the Type in activities at the end of the workflow. It resulted in the flow decision failing though.

in_TransactionItem.ToString

By fixing the variable types and then making the particular correction below all queue transactions were successful. Most appreciated.

in_TransactionItem.SpecificContent(“CashIn”).ToString

1 Like