I am trying to execute assignment 1 , during the first iteration it is getting search string from system1 (ACME) and going to sha1 and retrieving the secure hash code.
but in the second iteration(for 2nd work item) it is not retrieving hash code of the string string from sha1 , giving SelectorNotFound exception for Get Text activity (<wectrl id='result-sha1 tag=‘SPAN’/>).
do we need to use wild cards for Get Text selector since the hash code changes for every iteration.
attached my work flow and error msg. any suggestions or help can be appreciated.
Please try this one:
Thanks and regards
Yeah… we have to use wild cards… use ui explorer to build a good selector. There you can add wild cards and test your selector for multiple hash codes. The selector given by @Jan_Brian_Despi should also work for you…
Let know how it goes
hi @Jan_Brian_Despi , thank you so much for quick reply , i have tried with the given selector.
for loop iterated successfully with out any error and “status” changed to completed for all the work items.
but unfortunately in the “Add comments” section it updated the with same hash code for all the work items.
The hash code which is retrieved for the fist work item is updated for the rest of the WI5 items too. (hope i am clear ) please suggest what can be done.
hi @Lahiru.Fernando , thank you so much for prompt reply , i used selector given by @Jan_Brian_Despi , and for loop is working with out any error and status is updated to ‘completed’ , but for all the iterations it retrieved the same hash code (in the 'Add comments section ’ first work item’s hash code is updated for all other work items), please suggest what can be done.
Can you take a screenshot of your workflow?
looks like the values are not getting assigned accurately to the variable that you use to type in the hash code to the comments section. Could you try using the debug mode, have a break point on the activity that assigns the hash code to the variable and see how it returns the value right up to the point you type the hash code in the comments section. Once you add a break point, go back to the main workflow, run the program in debug mode so that you can see what values that get assigned to those variables. Once the execution reach to the point where you added the break point, run it step by step while looking at the values that get assigned. This way you will be able to easily identify the issue.
Let know if you have any further issues…
excellent guess bro … retrieved hash code is not properly assigned to variable , corrected it …now it’s working and i got 100/100 thank you so much both masters @Lahiru.Fernando & @Jan_Brian_Despi for your time.
Wow… that’s awesome!!! Congratulations!!
Also please make sure to mark the appropriate answer that worked for you as the solution bro!! It can help many others who get stuck in same scenario
Good luck for the certification!!!
hi @Lahiru.Fernando , @Jan_Brian_Despi
in assignment 2 , while trying to download monthly report “open or save” prompt is opening .so i need to click on drop down beside save button and click on “Save as” , could you please suggest what activities we can add here to do this …
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.