Level 3 Assignment 1 - GetHashCode GetFullText error

Continuing the discussion from Level3 Assignment1 SHA1 gethashcode attachbrowser error:

Hi

I need assistance with Assignment 1. I am constantly getting an error with the GetFullText to extract the hash code:

image

I’ve even added a delay after the Click activity but that doesn’t help. The other thing I noticed is that the platform doesn’t work 10/10 times. At times when I run I get an error on the System 1 Login activity, then the error goes away when I restart the execution (I am not sure what I am doing wrong).

Please help, I need to finish this certification before the end of the year.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Mzwandile_Jojisa

Use Get Text Activity

Regards,
Kommi Jeevan.

Thank you Kommijeevan for your prompt response. I will try this and let you know…

Hi Kommi

I am now using Get Text Activity but still experiencing the same issue:

Here is the selector:
image

Use this activity inside attach browser .

Thanks
@Mzwandile_Jojisa

Check this below link,

remove id and try.

Thanks Kommi. I have removed the ID and this doesn’t help.
image

N.B.: This is inside an attach browser:

The other strange thing I am noticing is that the value of the text to hash is wrong. Instead of ClientID-ClientName-ClientCountry, this is the value that is getting hashed: nd below your work items. They need to be completed in the order specified by your manager.- below your work items. They need to be completed in the order specified by your manager.-low your work items. They need to be completed in the order specified by your manager.

Please see below, the parameters I am sending to the Invoke GetHashCode Activity:

Hi @Mzwandile_Jojisa,

Try you can like this
In the get text activity open Ui Explorer select aaname attribute and pass the wildcard ‘*’

aaname=’*’

Hi @Navyavara

Thank you for your response. I have tried your suggestion but I am getting the same behavior:

I think there is something horribly wrong with my solution, because I am not even getting the “ClientID-CleintName-ClientCountry” string as a value for the input argument.

@Mzwandile_Jojisa
Check with this selector,
"webctrl tag=‘SPAN’ parentid=‘sha1-title’ innertext=’*’ /> "

Thanks @Manish540

I’ve used your selector and it doesn’t seem to resolve the issue:

@Mzwandile_Jojisa
Just put some delay

3 Likes

please remove this from here, we cant do the assignments for the students.

Hi @bcorrea

I am sorry if you got an impression that I am asking for a solution (I am not). The reason why I am here is because the platform doesn’t seem to be stable. At one stage it ran from start to finish without any errors. When I was ready to submit it, I ran it once again and encountered tons and tons of errors that were not there before (having not changed the code).

Is there another forum to address such issues?

i didnt say that directly to you, you have all the right to ask for help, my reply was to Navyavara because we cant give the files here…

@bcorrea

DI’d you seen in my workflow. I sent only use get text activity in my workflow to retrives the hash code only by changing selector. I am not directly send the total solution.I am trying to explain passing wildcards in a selector.

Hello @Mzwandile_Jojisa

Shall we try a different approach just to see whether it works…
All this time you tried to extract only the hash code. Just a slight different approach I’m suggesting here…

Use the get text activity and try to capture the entire element including the label in front of the hashcode which says “for shal1:”. So you will capture this part and the hashcode. The full line. If that works out you can split the string later to get the hashcode…

Just give it a try and see whether it works… make sure to include this inside a attach browser activity to be more sure of what we do… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi guys,

Thank you for your input and assistance. I have managed to resolve this issue and have passed Assignment 1 :slight_smile: There were a few issues with my workflow that caused all this havoc: input arguments not initialized, incorrect order of activities. Your responses prompted me to review the entire workflow (which was a painful process) and that’s where I picked up the discrepancies. As soon as I corrected these, my workflow ran from start to finish without any glitches and submitted the assignment.

A big thank you to everyone that took time off their busy schedule to assist me!

1 Like

Awesome!! Great work!!! :slight_smile:

And happy to help always!!

Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year!! :smiley:

1 Like