Level 3 Advance - Calculate_Client_Security_Hash - Issue with Robotic Enterprise Framework

Hi,

I trust someone will be able to help me understand what is going on. I have read all the post I could find related to the subject and I have read the documentation to try and understand.

My conclusion is that there must be a problem with the framework or there is some crucial information missing from all the articles and documentation i have read.

In the document “Calculate Client Security Hash PDD v1.3 Walkthrough” page 10 where you assign “dt_WIs.Select(“Type=‘WI5’ AND Status=‘Open’”)”

I get the following error:

So if i added the same inside the System1 Extract Data Workflow and checking the entry count I get a value. Now my count outside the “Invoke System1_ExtractSiteData workflow” fails with the null reference issue.

So i created a brand new project without the framework and simply copied and pasted the same section into the new project and it works fine. but I have now restarted with a brand new project using the framework and again it does not work. so if it works fine in a project without using the Framework all that tells me is that I am not making any mistake here so how do I fix it?

Please use Debug Features to understand if Object was previously instantiated or initialized.Put a Breakpoint and verify execution Flow.

Hi,

I did that is how I get the null reference screenshot I shared, I can see inside the workflow that the data is there, but it does not look like it is getting past from the invoke workflow into the Init state where I am working.

So inside the workflow the values are there, this I have confirmed, as mentioned all of this works 100% inside a blank project.

Inside the workflow I added the below and that gives me the correct count:

But here if fails inside the main init where I invoke the workflow,

But the above config works fine inside a blank project.

@JPDP

Create one argument of type DataTable and specify direction as ‘out’ for System1_ExtractSiteData xaml file and store that output in dt_Wls and then check. It will work.

Hi @JPDP

Is this already resolved?

If not or not yet, please make sure that the arguments are properly set.
You may want to share the xaml file :slight_smile:

Thanks and regards

1 Like

Hi,

Thank for the reply, that is exactly what i have, it is very frustrating as mentioned it works fine in a blank.

I just sat down to try using the template downloaded via the link supplied in the training. So hope that works,

here is the rebuild from last night,

Thanks you for the assistance

1 Like

Tried using the ReFrameWork-master, on first open the application upgraded it,
have the same problem.

Hi, from what I can see you scrape the website WI-List and save it directly into an argument called ExtractDataTable. Try first assigning it to a variable ExtractDataTable and then at the end of your workflow, Assign to

out_DataTable (Argument Direction Out) = ExtractDataTable

Let me know if this helps.

JD

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

The scraping in side the "System1_ExtractSiteData xaml " in store in data table variable “ExtractDataTable” I can confirm that the data is there inside the workflow, as mentioned in a blank project it successfully passes the data out of the “Invoke Workflow” however using the template this does not work. The data never makes it into the framework.

If you scroll up you will see the first screenshot from inside the workflow and the second outside, with the direction configure for out. As mention I can get this working in a blank project.

Indeed, you assign the scraped DataTable to an argument immediately. Use an intermediate step where you first assign the scraped DataTable to a variable and then assign the variable to an argument. I have seen this issue before and resolved it with the intermediate step, although I am not sure why it did not work.

Regards,
JD

Thank you so so much, so there is a bug?

added this and it is now working…

Not entirely sure what the cause here is, perhaps good to make this issue known.

@loginerror, is this a known issue or something to investigate?

Regards,
JD