- Created a simple flowchart of Studio to open a browser to a certain website. It runs fine from Studio.
- On Orchestrator, I created a Service, and added a Machine.
- I got the Machine Key and Orchestrator URL and set them up on the Studio Robot (agent) screen and had them connect successfully.
- Created a Robot of type “Unattended” and provided my Studio machine credentials, which are my username and password (these are domain credentials)
- Created an Environment and Process and published the package from Studio.
My robot on Orchestrator shows “connected” status and everything seems fine. However, when I run the process and choose the robot on Orchestrator, the process shows running and then “successful” on Orchestrator. But nothing runs on the machine having Studio and the agent!
Another strange thing I noticed is that while I was exploring community posts for this problem I came across some talk about the password for the robot. someone mentioned that they entered a dummy password of value “password” and it worked! Not knowing what to do I went and updated my robot password on Orchestrator to “password”, which is clearly wrong! I expected an error when I ran the process, but to my surprise the process ran “successfully” and again nothing happened on my target machine! How can Orchestrator or the agent not see a difference in the password?
One more thing…
When I run the process from Orchestrator and jump quickly to the VM robot window I see some communication happening. The VM robot window says that a process was run a few seconds ago, but I don’t see any browser screen open, which is the only activity I have on the flowchart.
I have tried changing the Robot to type “Studio” but that didn’t work either.