Job faulted - There was an error trying to execute the process. Please try to republish the process or contact your administrator

Hello,

I’ve published a new package in the Orchestrator, I’ve also created a new Process and the problem that I’m facing is at job runtime: finished with status FAULTED and the following info:

Info: There was an error trying to execute the process. Please try to republish the process or contact your administrator.

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: There was an error trying to execute the process. Please try to republish the process or contact your administrator.
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowLoader.get_MapFilePathToActivityDelegate()
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowLoader.LoadWorkflow(String workflowFile)
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowRuntime.Load(String workflowFile)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.InitWorkflowApplication()
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.ExecuteJob()

I’m using Studio 2022.10.3 Enterprise License, Per-user Installation.
It is not first package that I’ve published from this Studio, but it’s the first project that I’ve started from the beginning. The other published packages that ran successfully, were downloaded packages from Orchestrator, edited and improved the workflow.

I think it’s somehow a problem regard my Studio.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Ioana

Can you confirm that the Studio version that published the package to Orchestrator has the same version for the robot that it is trying to execute (or at least the robot version is higher than the Studio)?

Hi @Marian and thank you for your reply!
How can I check the robot version?
As I know for older version I could check UiRobot.exe Properties, but in my case, on the vm at C:\Program Files (x86)\ path I find UiPath → Studio (->UiPath->crx_manifest.json)
→ Orchestrator
but nothing with .exe extension in order to check its properties.

Thx

To find in which version you build the Studio project, you need to find in your project folder the project.json file and then you will look for studioVersion.

Example:

"studioVersion": "22.10.1.0" -> the process was build in a 22.10.1 Studio. It should be allowed to be executed by robots that have a version higher or equal to 22.10.1.

To find the robot version, go to Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features → look for UiPath Studio or UiPath Platform Installer and take close attention to the Version value.

Example (in the image I have a robot 22.10.4):

Let us know if this helped you.

Oki ^^

“studioVersion”: “22.10.3.0”
UiPath Studio version from my virtual machine - 21.4.3

Ok, in this case, you need to uninstall from VM the 21.4.3 robot and install 22.10.4 robot/Studio to be able to run the 22.10.3 process.

The installer you can find from here:

https://download.uipath.com/versions/22.10.4/UiPathStudio.msi

I can’t uninstall from VM the 21.4.3 robot because all of my colleagues work with an older Studio version and their published packages don’t have similar problems.
I think that somehow I should downgrade the version of my projects or install a downgraded version of development studio.

What do you think?

In this case, uninstall the UiPath Studio 22.10.3.0 and install the same 21.4.3 Studio/robot version as in the VM. Create the process in 21.4.3. In this case, it should work.

But keep in mind, that if you will have any issues with 21.4.* version, the UiPath will not offer any support as this version is out of support. (Out of support versions)

You need to use any of these supported versions:

2020.10.x
2021.10.x
2022.4.x
2022.10.x

Reference: Product lifecycle

Okay, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Another curiosity by my side is that my colleague uses Studio 2022.4.4, Enterprise License, User-mode Installation, and he doesn’t have any problems with his packages. How can it works?

What is the difference between User-mode installation and Per-user installation?

User-mode installation and Per-user installation are the same. (User mode)

Per-user installation it is displayed because he used it when installing the Studio as Custom → User mode for per-user installations.

Reference: Install Studio

• Projects created with alpha or beta Studio versions might not be compatible with newer Studio builds, nor can they be executed by newer Robots.
  • We support backward compatibility , except for breaking changes announced in the official release notes, and following the product lifecycle.
    Newer Robots can execute projects created with older versions of Studio. For example, a project created with Studio 2018.4 should work on a 2019.10 Robot or newer.
  • We do not support forward compatibility . Projects created with newer versions of Studio might not work with older Robots. For example, a project created in Studio 2019.10 might not work with a 2018.4 Robot.

Reference: Compatibility matrix