Issues with Quickbooks Online activities

@Samrat_Dutta , you answered to this question some time ago, and I found your answer very helpful.

I revisited this today and have a couple of questions that perhaps you can answer.

1. Building on what you started here, I’ve been able to create activities in a Windows Legacy project to query the API for a customer ID and a product ID so I can include them in the transmission of the invoice. Invoice is being created, but it’s being created without an invoice number. Did you have the same experience? How might we change the request so that an invoice number is assigned to the invoice? I feel like I’m missing a part that should be submitted with the initial request.

2. I don’t understand all the things happening inside your multiple assign to build up the objects you pass in to the Insert Record activity. I’d like to build up a JSON string following the Quickbooks API and convert that string into an Invoice object to the pass in to the Insert Record activity. Do you know how I could covert a json object into an invoice object?

3. After updating your project to the Windows (versus Windows - Legacy), Studio starts throwing errors, even with all supporting packages updated. Have you had the same experience? I thought perhaps adding a Quickbooks Online Scope might resolve the issue, but it didn’t.

Hello @kevinpscott!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hoping to hear from someone on this.

@Samrat_Dutta

Hi @kevinpscott ,

1. Can you try using the DocNumber property?
  2. I have to check internally if this can be done. Will get back to you on this.
  3. Windows is currently not supported for the QuickBooks Online Activity Pack yet and we will try to make it available soon.

Hi @kevinpscott ,
Any update if you were able to succeed using DocNumber?
What is the version of Studio you are using?

Hi @Samrat_Dutta,

I’m using the Community Edition. I haven’t tried using the Quickbooks API in some time, but I’d like to use it if it can be made reliable because I write a LOT of Quickbooks Online invoices through the UI.

How am I to use the doc number property if I don’t know what the next invoice number should be? If I keep track of the invoices that the robot writes, that count will be off if someone manually enters an invoice.

Hi @kevinpscott The DocNumber is generally auto generated by QBO and I don’t think that needs to be explicitly passed to the request.

1 Like