Adding invoice through Quickbooks Online Scope

I was pleasantly surprised recently to find that there is a package published for automating Quickbooks Online. I’ve been doing this on my own through point and click through the UI, but I’m excited about what appears to be an API connection to make these things more reliable.

I have added UiPath.QuickBooksOnline.IntegrationService.Activities to my project, and have added and configured a Quickbooks Online Scope.

I’m trying to add an invoice through the “Insert Record” activity, but the documentation on how to do this is lacking. When I configure the Insert Record activity, I get this:

But there’s no guidance on what information I need to provide to define the invoice object.

I assume I will have to provide the Client, Product, Price, and Due date, but… how?

Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Hello @kevinpscott!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @kevinpscott ,
I followed the API docs here: Intuit Developer and created a workflow as an example to create a stand alone invoice in QBO. You can add more fields from the API documentation directly.
You can actually refer the QuickBooks Online API docs for creating/updating any object.
Attaching a short clip and the WF for you take a look.

QBO Invoice Create.zip (13.7 KB)

1 Like

@Samrat_Dutta, thank you very much for this response. In the 8 months since I posted this original question, I’ve gotten a lot better at interacting with APIs directly, but I’m certain this will be most helpful to people who come here with the same question I had originally.

Well done!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.