Issue with UiPath.Credentials.Activities after updating UiPath to version 18.4

Hello,

I have updated to version 18.4 and now i’m receiving the following error:

Cannot create unknown type '{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}GetSecureCredential

What i have done to try to solve the problem:

• verified which version i had installed of UiPath.Credentials.Activities and it was the last one, 1.1.6479.13204.
  • installed all the previous versions available to check if it would work, with no success.
  • verified the Credentials on activities panel, and found a “Get Credential” activity, but no “Get Secure Credential”, as it is still seeing an older version or something.

• with that info, I have checked the following folders for old versions of credential activity:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Packages
    • C:\Users\renmosel\AppData\Local\UiPath\Activities
    • C:\Users\renmosel\AppData\Local\Temp\NuGetScratch
    • C:\Users\renmosel\AppData\Local\Temp\nuget
    • C:\Users\renmosel\AppData\Local\NuGet\Cache

but found no version different of 1.1.6479.13204, the most recent.

Also, the GetSecureCredential is in the docs (https://activities.uipath.com/docs/get-secure-credential).

So, have anyone faced this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @RenatoMoselli

Could you test the package in a new, blank project? I suppose it will work then (and would help debugging the issue).
I think you can also try deleting the project.json file and trying to open your project
(but please keep your backups)

Hello @loginerror, thanks for the help, I have followed your suggestions but without success.

But I believe to have found the root cause. The project I’m working have a custom made package, that includes an older version of UiPath.Credentials.Activities.dll, specifically 1.0.5638.31760

So, what happens is that when I updated UiPath, it started using the oldest version found in required packages, instead of the main version installed directly.

So, how to proceed in this case?

It seems like there is still a temporary file somewhere that is being loaded when you lunch your project. Could you try searching for a file/folder on your desktop with that would match the old version of credentials activity pack?

You mentioned most relevant folders already, but let’s be sure first that it isn’t available anywhere.

1 Like

So, managed to solve the issue.
I believe that what happened is related to this topic: 18.3 Studio not saving packages and other 18.3 specific errors - #4 by loginerror

Previously I have installed the custom-made packaged first, and later the Credentials package, so I uninstalled both, and installed Credentials first, and than the other. It worked, but it seems like it should not be this way.

Thanks for the help @loginerror

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.