Is the Get Attrubute just working together with the Open Browser?

I want to check if the page has loaded completely. Here I use the Get Attribute activity. Just set the Attribute to readyState and it will wait until the page has actually loaded until the end.

This is very useful as some websites that I use need a pretty long time to load and just using a selector on the page does not work, as you need to set a high timeout then. But I want small timeouts and still a reliable system.

So using the Get Attribute on the Open Browser works perfectly:

This loads the Reddit page and just when it finished, it moves on.

But when I now replace the Open Browser with the Attach Browser, then the Get Attribute does not work anymore. It seems as if it just waits until the timeout of the Get Attribute reaches.

So my question is, is the Get Attrubute just working together with the Open Browser?

Hello @kwoxer!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

  1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

  2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

  3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

  4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

  5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly

Ahh I already solved it. I tested it isolated and it worked everywhere.

My issue was that the Browser object was not set. And so the Attach Browser was not able to be working. But anyway, the error message was not good. It did not simply say that the Browser object is empty. Instead it said something totally misleading.

Maybe you could improve that. That would save so much time searching for the real issue.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.