Indicate on screen option - menu click not working

not able to click on notepad menu using indicate on screen option. It takes notepad click event instead of menu click.

make use of anchor base which prompts while doing basic recording and choose yes.

I was trying by dragging the activity and then selecting the menu using “indicate on screen” link. Anyways as you suggested I tried by recording but didn’t get any promp and still have same issue that i am not able to capture menu click, it always go notepad click.

Here we go.
notepad.xaml (16.5 KB)

notepad has thrown an exception

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Source: Click ‘menu item Format’

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

oops sorry forgot to edit the selector.
check this one.
notepad (1).xaml (9.1 KB)

notepad (1) has thrown an exception

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Source: Click ‘menu item Format’

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

strange i kept static selector .
I sent xaml file to my team mates to give a try its working fine in their system.
:roll_eyes:

You can try doing this
use recorder then click on format then hit F2 which gives you 3 sec of delay to choose the menu.