I don't understand this instruction: "A Send Outlook Email action in which details such as the recipient’s email address, Subject, the email message must be entered, as well as your Unicorn Name location!"

a Send Outlook Email action in which details such as the recipient’s email address, Subject, the email message must be entered, as well as your Unicorn Name location!

Guys, I have completed for the rest but I dont really get this. What do it means by “Unicorn Name location”? Is it referring to file location?

1 Like

Hi there! It’s referring to the Unicorn’s Name location in the Excel file. (Where you saved the Unicorn Name in the Get Text action)

Hello, I couldn’t find no data regarding email on that Unicorn file. Maybe i don’t get something? any advice?

Hi @ryrytis - this task is reffering back to the first automation where you would save your unicorn name the the excel file.
This would be the field you will be using now - I used the UnicronName on the body of my E-Mail @Bianca.Dragu → is that the correct interpretation?

yes, Frank! That’s correct!

You will add a new cell in your excel file, or you’ll type it manual with text value

Question 1:
For Outlook Office 360 v16, I have security popups that need a human to allow access. If not it looks like a registry edit in Outlook/Security is required or I need to change programming options to turn off suspicious activity warnings.
Is there any other option I have for UiPath to bypass Outlook security Warnings?

Question 2:
For Excel instances, it seems that if I have more than one instance of Excel open (two excel files open at the same time), UiPath cannot go one level deeper to read the window name so it can find the appropriate Instance and select the correct file. Is there a way for UiPath to use the correct excel file if more than one is open?

Thanks!

Gregory Hensley

My automation ran fine, but the email was stored in my drafts folder and i had to send it manually - could you please advise what went wrong?

1 Like

@n.aggarwal.1, do you notice the “Save to Drafts”? Please untick it then everything will be fine. Thanks and appreciated.

1 Like

That’t it - that was my mistake. I unchecked and was able to send the email.

Thank you so much, much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

did you just type the unicorn name or did you show the location for it to pick? pls let me know. If you showed the location how did you do that buddy.

Hi @zuhailm - in this excercise I used the “Indicate Excel” to indicate the cell “B2” which you can then later on use to write the name into the body of the e-mail.

1 Like

Thank you! @FrankSchikora

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.