How we can extract checkbox/radio button using Document understanding AI centre?

Hi, I am able to define taxonomy and extract trained data using out of the box ML packages. Can anyone please refer to how we can extract information out of PDF files using AI ML document understanding? TIA

Hello @mustak.rased!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

@mustak.rased - You need to define the taxonomy based on your needs. it doesnt relate with the package you use. Once you define the taxonomy, you can map the ML defined fields in to the fields which you have defined in your taxonomy. hope it clarifies your question. Happy Automating.

Hi @Pradeep.Robot . Thank you for your reply. For the checkbox fields, we have used boolean in taxonomy and Y/✓ in the template definition. But no solution for the radio button.

Got it, i see it is not mentioned in your question as well. I understand how the taxonomy works with synonyms. Radio button is interesting, if its just 2 or three values u can check for isField1 as Y/N and similarly for other 2 and use case statements inside it. i don see any specific way to extract radio buttons within the Document understanding process too. May be @Lahiru.Fernando can provide a suggestions to it.

1 Like

HI @Pradeep.Robot @mustak.rased

Agree with you guys… As of now, there no specific way that I also see to easily do this. But I believe you can work on a bit of regex to capture this. Once you digitize, and give the output to validation station, see the text version of the document.
In there, see how the radio button is represented and what character/ symbol is used. based on that I believe you can build a pattern that you can apply regex on.

1 Like

@Pradeep.Robot @Lahiru.Fernando Thank you for suggesting workarounds. I will try this solutions and update you.

2 Likes

Hi, If it got fixed can you please share solution?

Hello,

to solve this, you need to label the checkboxes either with separate field or multi-valued field in document manager. This is a new improvement and UiPath has a tutorial on how to do it in the following link. Good luck!