How to trigger one Bot from another? Here I tried implementing StartJob activity But, it stops the processing of first Bot and triggers new one

How to trigger one Bot from another? Here I tried implementing StartJob activity But, it stops the processing of the first Bot and triggers a new one. But my requirement is, If there are 5 robots in Environment, and the first Bot is running and triggers new Bot, New Bot should start on another robot and first Bot should continue running.

Hi @Shrutika_Mokashi,
Welcome to the Community!
Please have a look here:

Hi @Shrutika_Mokashi,

If you have deployed your packages on orchestrator and running them through schedules then below is the easiest way to achieve you want.

You can use the orchestartor api to trigger the other bot.In the first bot write the code to send an api call to the orchestrator to start the other bot and the advantage of using that approach is you can use the api call as per your need.

Hello. Thanks for your answer. Do you have any sample workflow where orchestrator API is implemented? Thanks in advance.

Thank you Pablito for your response. But my requirement is, after triggering second job, first should continue.

Hello

I have implemented Start Job but the current Job continues. Maybe it’s something in your code, cause it to exit once it starts the job on another Robot?

Here is how I am doing it…
I have an argument for Environment that I can set for the Process (unless their is an automatic way to get that from the current job). Then, I check if the Jobs running is less than a set number of robots, so it will only start up to a point. - It only has one Start Job, so each concurrent Robot will Start another Job until it has reached the number of robots that was set. - I’m also getting the process name from the project.json and storing it in the dictionary, or you can set it in the config file.

Hope that helps

Regards.

Thank you so much for your response ClaytonM. Would you please send me this workflow of yours?