How to share Uipath project to clients

Hey guys I have some doubts. How do I share my Uipath project to the clients? Is it possible to share my project to a person who has no Uipath studio installed in his/her machine, wherein the person is able to run the shared robot in the local machine.

Hey!

There are many ways to share the project…

1. Publish this project to orchestrator they can run they can monitor the process…
  2. Publish to your Local this will stored in a .NUPKG then install this nupkg in the client system
  3. Create exe or bat file… and send this file to client…

Regards,
NaNi

1 Like

Thank you.

So, I need to run this .nupkg in visual studio to exexute the robot? It doesn’t require uipath studio.

No!

In UiPath Studio create a blank process navigate to manage packages->Settings

New: Give Any Name
Source: Give the NUPKG FolderPath

Click on add

Now you can see the Package

Install the packag…

OR

If you’re clients don’t wants to use the UiPath studio to run the project

Create .BAT File and send this bat file to clients they can’t see the code they can only see the robot…

Reference:

Regards,
NaNi

1 Like

Hi @Chendoran_M,

Tldr: UiPath projects can only be run when the user has an attended license or a unattended/test/non-production license for remote execution. In any case, UiRobot.exe should be available in the robot machine/server/vdi and connected to an Orchestrator instance.

Details

Think of any output resulting from publishing a project from Studio to either a local / shared folder or to an Orchestrator tennant as a package. This package can only be run on UiPath platform (robot(attended, unattended, test, non production) or studio licenses).

• If your client wants a standalone package, which they can run in their UiPath Platform then you can share the .nuget package

• If you manage your clients tennants then you will have to ask them which tennant you should upload / publish the project to.

Running the automation
If your client owns a robot license (attended, unattended, test, non production) then they can run the package you provided either from UiRobot.exe (this is installed when you install a robot instance) or from Orchestrator Packages–>Process–>Triggers/Jobs.

Earlier you could have air gapped your robot pc and used the UiRobot.exe to run automations and the execution logs would have saved in the robot machine. Sadly, this is no longer possible. Doing this now, will give you an error message saying a robot license is required.

To use UiRobot.exe the client will need to have the robot pc connected to the Orchestrator and licensed.

1 Like

Hi THIRU_NANI
I created a bat file for my UiPath robot, and I shared it with another client.
How can I run it on the client’s device? because
when I sent it, it is downloaded using .download extension

Hey!

Can you please share your inputs what you’ve done till now?

1. How did you create the Bat File.
  2. Did you test the bat file in your machine?
  3. How did you share the bat file?

Regards,
NaNi

I created the .bat file using this way:

1. Open Notepad.
  2. Enter as below:
    start "" /min "<Full Path of UiRobot.exe>" /file:"<Full Path of .xaml File>"
  3. Save the File with .bat extension.

I tested the file in my machine and it is working well.

I shared the .bat file by sent it to someone else using the normal way

Try this:

1. Publish the process to local machine.
Publish->Publish Options->Custom->Give local path
  1. Now create the Bat File. Like this
@echo off
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe" /file:"C:\Path\To\Your\Package.nupkg"

Replace C:\Path\To\Your\Package.nupkg with the actual path to your package file.

Save the file with a .bat extension, for example “Automation.bat”.

1. Share the bat file and package with the client: Once the bat file and package are ready, you can share them with the client. You can use email or a cloud storage platform to share the files.

That’s it.

Regards,
NaNi

Should the cilent have UiPath studio?

No, Not Required.

Client required UiRobot.exe

Regards,
NaNi

So how the client can have the Robot.exe?

Hello
I don’t have the Robot.exe in thiis path: “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe”
Where can I find it?