I am a new UiPath developer and trying to solve one challenge.
Here is the scenario
- I have a process which takes about 3 hrs to complete from start to finish.
- I have to allow user to enter his/ her credentials.
- I have two options
- Use attended BOT to prompt for username and password. But during BOT execution user has to wait for 3 hrs for BOT to complete all actions (accessing browsers etc…)
- Use unattended BOT and get credentials from orchestrator Assets.This doesn’t work as we don’t want to store user credentials and perform unattended jobs.
- So I started thinking about a hybrid approach, where user starts attended BOT which prompts for credentials then this BOT will start an attended BOT securely passing the password.
- The goal is to encrypt password before passing it to Attended BOT. and Decrypt it later.
Now the issue I see is
- Using System.Cryptography I can decrypt to ‘String’ but not to ‘Secure String’. Do we have any workaround for this? I don’t want it to be decrypted to ‘String’.
I am open for any other solutions using which I can pass the user credentials without storing it in Orchestrator to unattended BOT.