How to retrieve structured data from winforms

Hi,
I need to retrieve multiple fields data from winform (Windows stand alone application) to excel , i tried data scrapping & screen scrapping, not successful. Can anyone give ideas to handling such kind of task.

1 Like

Any other clues :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@cschevuri Can you share the screenshot of the page that you want to scrap

@cschevuri Have you tried with get text activity

Get text retrieves for one field , but, i need to extract all fields data (35 fields) in the winform and write into excel form.
Do we have any other way ?

@cschevuri Try with computer vision activites.

@cschevuri If the Fields to fetch are constant then you can Do Screen scraping to Get the String and Do Some String Manipulations and get them in Key Value Pairs

Thank you, trying to install package and API license, will let you know if i face any issues…

1 Like

@cschevuri

In your scenario Try to use Find children activity it will get the list of items.use for each and get the attribute by using Get attribute activity and store it in a variable then use add data row to add the variable to data table.

Regards,
A Manohar

Hi @WhenCutEsh, i succeeded till screen scraping and retrieve those values, can you please elaborate more on string manipulation and paring. Thank you…

Thank you @Manohar1, checking your suggestion.

@cschevuri Like The Left Side labels will be constant right you can get a sub string between two labels
Eg: Get Index Of "Item# : ", Then Get Index of Motor HP/KW :, then subtract these two string you will get
1100 Recalc, then Replace Recalc with String.Empty

@cschevuri

I just seen your screen shot ,in your scenario this method will not work for html tables it will work.

Regards,
A Manohar