How to paste a row item?

Hello everybody,

I am new in the UiPath Community and i am doing my best to learn a lot of things from this incredible software.

I have a question for you guys ; i’d like to know if it is possible to “copy/paste” a row item in datatable to another application like Windows Explorer or Outlook for send a mail ?

I think i have to use Get row item but what is the next step to “paste” it in another application ?

Thank you a lot,

Clément

No, you don’t copy/paste. You’d have to For Each through the datatable and concatenate everything into a string, then use the string to write to other places. And Get Row Item is pointless. Just reference it directly ie row.Item(“columnname”).ToString

1 Like

hey

welcomec to our forums,

as @postwick said we dont copy or paste the data, it is a littlebit more complex, first you have to loop through your DataTable and start getting the values from each column. in case you know where is your value you can simply use the read cell activity and get the value as String, then use type into activity. You can support from the academy courses also from here

regards!

1 Like

@6joko9 You can’t copy directly from the data table to another application. For simple understanding, the value retrieved from the data table has to store in a variable. Then this variable can pass to other applications

1 Like