How to IF and Else activity use?

Hi,

Im trying to find a solution where i could use IF/else activities.

If no job appear, write a remark to excel column, then continue following row of excel data check.

Else will continue search for job number and generate data.

Thanks.

Hello @Alfred_Gan

Hopw you are reading some excel and getting some job details from the excel->Then searching that job in some application. If no data found for that, then you need to write the remarks in excel , then continue with the next data from excel.

Is that the use case?

If yes, you can use Read Range activity to read the data from excel. Then use For each Row in Datatable activity to loop through the datatable. Then do the action and use a if condition. In the Then section if no data is found, use Write Cell activity.

Thanks

Hi @Alfred_Gan
use datatable and use van try DT.rows(0)(1)=‘Job number’, you can provide column name as well to make it dynamic selection.

It will work.

Hi,

Possible to use my example?

if the job number i capture has nothing show, then write NO JOB else continue to write data for todays date.

Filter_DT_BasedOnDate.xaml (7.4 KB)

example.xlsx (15.3 KB)

Hi @Alfred_Gan

Check out the Video link

Regards
Gokul

HI @Alfred_Gan

In the If activity Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(CurrentRow("JOB NO").ToString)

Check out this XAML file

IfActivity.xaml (9.7 KB)

Output

Regards
Gokul

Hi @Gokul001 ,
Thank you for your solution, it works.

But in my case is actually the job number would input in my web system to generate report, so in this case, if there is no job number report, it shall then mark a NO JOB over the column.

How do i teach the robot to work this way? maybe we could use a google url as an example.

Thanks.

HI @Alfred_Gan

You can update the Assign activity inside the if activity

Check out the screenshot for better understanding

Regards
Gokul

Hi @Gokul001 ,

Your case works in excel if no job number then write no job.

But actually in my case is no job from web system appear then write no job to excel. Possible to doable?

Something like above the job number are suppose to capture from the excel and paste here, if no job number then write no job to excel and continue following job number input here

Hope its not confusing.

So You has find the solution based on Query @Alfred_Gan , For this one you can create the new topic fr this.

Kindly close this topic by mark as solved

Regards
Gokul

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.