How to get queue items then make a summary excel?

Hello there,

So I wanna do this:
I have a queue in orchestrator, filled with some items and I’d like to create a summary excel where each row contains a queue item and it’s status. Now I have been trying to make it work for 2 hours, but I just can’t seem to figure this out.

As I understand I need to use the “Get Queue Items” activity, which gets a list of the items. Now I’d like to loop through them and add each item’s id (unique data that I added with each item) and status to a datatable then to and excel. How to do this?

Have you considered using the Orchestrator APIs to grab the status of queue items?
https://orchestrator.uipath.com/reference

Well, I haven’t and that could work, sure, but I’m still wondering how to get information out of this IEnumerable< QueueItem> variable. I’ve tried every kind of for each loops, but it just doesn’t want to work.

Hi @atoth3

I have a solution for you. I just created a sample workflow which takes data from a queue using Get Queue Item. Then it loads the data to a datatable using For Each loop. I’m also using the Add Data Row activity and passing the items to the datatable as an array row. Then finally, writing the data to an excel.

So this is similar to your case :slight_smile:

Check out the sample workflow.
The key here is, in the loop, we have to change the TypeArgument to QueueItem for it to loop through…

GetAllQueueItems.xaml (7.9 KB)

If this works out for you, please mark my answer as the solution too :slight_smile:

Let know how it goes…
Thank you!

9 Likes

Yes, this works. Thank you. The key here is you have choose the right TypeArgument which is UiPath.Core.QueueItem (NOT UiPath.Orchestrator.Client.QueueItems or anything similar).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.