How to click a dynamic UI in website

Dear Experts

I have a chrome UI request as below:

1. Type Customer# into website
  2. Click Search
  3. Click hyperlink of Customer Name and then it will jump to another web page

But the point is how to identify different customer name hyperlink when I type into another customer# in For Each activity?

How to make it happen in strict/fuzzy selector?

Another concern is that if customer name is too long and show in 2 lines, can it still be able to be identified and clicked?

Thank you for your advise in advance :smiley:

Hi @yangyq10

Yes you will be still able to click the name if it’s too long also just place the variable into the strict selector and after the variable just give an * so that what ever th data that come’s after the data that is stored in the variable it will consider the entire thing.

Regards

@vrdabberu

Thanks for the prompt reply

May I know where should I put the variable in strict selector? tag or other place?

Or should I put it in fuzzy selector which we have aaname in it?

And can you show me how to put it in? Simply a “*” or set a variable “Customer_Name” and them put “Customer_Name**”?

I have attached a simple workflow for your better understanding. Please check and let me know if you still have any queries. @yangyq10

Sequence35.xaml (14.7 KB)

Regards

@vrdabberu somehow it can’t be opened, can you help take a look?

In the attached xaml I have taken an input variable with some data stored in it and passed that input variable into the click activity in the strict selector. Make sure when you are using the strict selector you need to uncheck the remaining selector’s like fuzzy, CV, Native , Image because they will store the data when we are indicating the element so in our case we need to make the click activity dynamic so you need to uncheck the remaining selector’s and only check the strict selector so that the click activity will work accordingly to the data that we have stored in that strict selctor.

After passing the variable into the strict selector I have given the * after the variable because I need to click the entire document word or the docu word what ever it might be so in your case after sending the data into strict through an variable and if the data arised in the website is longer than the data you have passed into the strict then also it should be able to click the word we needed so for that case I have given the * after the variable.

UI_Element.zip (38.6 KB)

regards

@vrdabberu

I don’t know why there is no aaname for me to input variable in strict selector?

It only show in fussy selector, should I put variable in fuzzy selector?

Click on the Open in UI Explorer which is shown below and a new window will be opened and in that from right side you can select the attributes you needed so click the aaname attribute from that @yangyq10

Regards

@vrdabberu

It seems super complex in my situation
Do I need to replace all text with customer name to my variable?
I really don’t know what to do…

Hi @yangyq10

Just select the aaname from there and there after click on save and comeback to the before window and then select the value and replace that with the variable you have initialized and later place the * after that variable and it works!!

Regards

@vrdabberu
Do you mean I only need to replace aaname with variable but no need to change others(like colName etc.)

Yes, just select the aaname and no need of other attributes. @yangyq10

Regards

@vrdabberu

May I know how to insert a variable like you do in your sample?
I can’t find such button

Select the entire value you wanted to replace and then use the right click and then you can see the option os use variable and click on that and you will be asked to select the variable, click the appropriate variable and click ok and then the variable will be re-placed with the value and later place the * beside the variable. @yangyq10

Regards

FIRST EXTRACT ALL THE CUSTOMER NAME AND USING LINQ QWERY MATCH IT AND CHANGE THE VALUE IN DYNAMIC SELECTOR OR FUZZY SELECTOR

@vrdabberu

Thank you for staying with me. It can run now
But for those customer name with long text, RPA can’t click it and it just stay in original web page without jumping to the hyperlink

What else I need to do to make it happen?

1 Like

Have you given * after the variable?

Regards

@vrdabberu

Yes, I already put it in but still does’t work. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Okay replace the table row attribute value 1 with * and please check and let me know the output. @yangyq10

Regards

@vrdabberu

It still doesn’t work

Seems the mouse only click some where in this row but not the hyperlink