How robot can be started without Studio installed and Orchestrator not connected

Is UiPath Robot enough for client to start a robot on his machine if Studio is not installed on it and Orchestrator is not connected?

Situation in more details:

• I have UiPath Studio installed and prepared an agent for my client
  • as it’s only the first robot, client won’t be buying Orchestrator license (at least for now)
  • client also does not need Studio license as I will develop/configure everything
  • I suppose client should only buy (not)attended robot license
  • I am going to install UiPath Robot on client’s machine
    My question:
  • what should go next?
  • how to assign the process for a robot?
  • is there any difference if mentioned robot is attended or not attended?
2 Likes

EDIT: You can run robots without Orchestrator and according to @dntakoulas below you can now install UiRobot without UiStudio :slight_smile:

For now if you want to run a process on a machine then yes purchase an attended license. Technically if you are developing for production purposes, the license for UiPath Development should also be purchased. Depends on the context, e.g. is this a PoC/Pilot or is it likely to expand.

RD

1 Like

Please correct me if I am wrong:

• I, as RPA developer, should have UiPath Studio license. That’s totally fine. I am developing, so got to pay for development instruments
  • client, as they don’t have any intentions to develop, should buy also UiPath Studio license just because they need to execute the agent? This part does not make any sense :confused: I thought attended UiPath Robot license would be enough for them ;(

By the way: currently it’s only a PoC and we are willing client will expand in a future.

1 Like

@latke you can install front office license and trigger the bot. its an attended bot and costs less compared to other. you can trigger it using *.bat file or you can trigger by scheduling through Windows Task Scheduler.

hope this information may help you.

regards,
pathrudu

Hi,

This is actually wrong.
You can install only the Robot without the Studio, if you run the setup file as an administrator an perform a custom setup.

Br,
Dimitrios

3 Likes

Thank you all for the answers, but I am still struggling ;(

What am I missing?

• I have prepared a process only from two activities: log & messagebox
  • published it and copied the nupkg file
  • uninstalled all UiPath products
  • installed only UiPath Robot
  • copied nupkg file into original folder
  • after executing robot I get: UiPath Robot Error / Permission missing: Launcher

Do I need to configure something else, or without license robot does not work, or… ?

P.S. it works then Studio is installed as well, but without it - not :frowning:

3 Likes

Anyone? It’s still a pain in… am I thinking correct or am I missing something?

Probably late but I found this information which might be useful

Also please check following link regarding licence

1 Like

Hi Pritam

Very useful - thanks a lot.

Wish you a nice weekend.

Mange hilsner / best regards,

Lars

T: +45 60 35 35 57 | Knowit.dk

Hi @latke, have you found your answer? if yes, could you share to me.

thank’s,
Indra

Regarding that error if you only have Robot installed, you have to license it in order to be able to run processes on it. What is exactly your issue?

Hi @ovi,

this is exactly my issue?

Ha there,

“you can install front office license and trigger the bot. its an attended bot and costs less compared to other. you can trigger it using *.bat file or you can trigger by scheduling through Windows Task Schedule”

so i can build a attended robot with studio on a dev environment and i can deploy the bot on a production environment without installing studio and orchestrator?

already found a solution?

and did you find the solution you looking for. I have the same problem. The customer doenst want orchestrator or uistudio on a production environment.

Ive build a bot with studio on a dev environment and i want the deploy the bot on production without installing studio or orchestrator. so far no results and it seems that the attended robot isnt really an attended robot without studio or orchestrator. Now i have to tell the customer he needs to pay for a studio license for production env.

not yet.

@Pritam_Poojari @latke can you tell me if you where able to activate the license for UiRobot without having UiPath Studio installed. For now I was unable to activate it via a commandline.

I know it’s quite old, but I should try :smiley:

Actually, I sucess to activate the license only for UiRobot without having UiPath Studio installed with the Trial version (with the UiPathPlatformInstaller.exe), launching it, choosing “UiPath Studio & Robot”, going to “advanced”, disabling the “UiPath Studio” and letting only “UiPath Robot”, and afterwards, activating the license with the Regutil.exe command line (need to be connected to Internet for this one).

But, it can’t be fully installed only with one command line like the now deceased “UiPathStudio.msi”, and I was asking myself, what is the process to install it on big structures ? I mean, we can’t really ask everybody to go in the “advanced” part of the set-up or having someone doing it manually on every computers just for installing the Robot. So, what is the usual process ?

Thank you in advance !

Yes i tried using Regutil.exe avaiable in UiPath folder and there we can register with email id. I don’t know its legal or not but you can copy the folder and register the Uirobot with email id.

I do not have the UiPathPlatformInstaller.exe and cannot run the UiPathStudio.msi command. Was wondering if this is because I am using the Community Cloud version.