How can I initiate a click activity in the same mouse position?

The primary goal of my project is to read a column of emails in an excel file, “type into” each email into the search function of the software i am using, and select the first result.

The problem is, I am working with a software that has a subpar search function, where clicking the enter key does not initiate a search. Instead, search results appear in a dynamic dropdown-like box below the search once characters are entered into the search.

Using the app/web recorder function is unsuccessful because it is focused on the characters of the initial search, and breaks upon looping.

I know that I want to select the first option that appears in this “suggested search results” box, which is always a fixed distance below the search bar.
I want to create a task that tells UiPath “after completing the ‘type into’ task, move the mouse down 15 pixels, then click”.

I have scoured the forum for similar posts, and there are a few that talk an x/y coordinate function in the properties of the click function, but I do not see anything resembling this.
Please help!

@Nick_Crandell
To achieve the task , you can use a combination of activities to type into the search bar, wait for the search results to appear, and then click on the first result

1. Type Into: Type email into the search bar

2. Delay or Wait For Element: Wait for the search results box to appear

3. Set Focus to Search Results Box: (Optional, if needed)

4. Move Mouse Down: Move the mouse down by 15 pixels

5. Click on First Result: Click on the first result in the search results box (using coordinates if necessary)

Hi @Nick_Crandell

You can use the click Activity with the “Hover” to position the mouse cursor over the dynamic dropdown. To select the first result.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you for the response. I have tried this, and UI Path is only recognizing that the email was selected, and thinks the task should “click that email”. Looping breaks down with this.
I’m stuck on trying to tell UI Path that the element should be selected regardless of that text appears.
Any ideas? I’m happy to share screenshots if that helps

We have to make it dynamic.
Click on the element & share the screenshot of the selector that you have selected. Like this.

along with the element that you are clicking.

I was actually able to succeed in my initial by utilizing your hover suggestion, thanks!

Awesome Thanks :slight_smile: if it helped you can mark my reply as solution! So that it can help others also.

Happy Automation!