Hi- I am still showing this error even when I already have excel installed. - Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed

Hi- I am still showing this error even when I already have excel installed.

Hi,
Did you get this issue resolved? I’m receiving the same error. Running MS Office 2013.
I’ve done quite a bit of troubleshooting (researching within the forum, MS Office online repair, etc), but can’t get this resolved.

I’ve inserted the text from today’s Studio.log

13:27:19.2353 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.Shared.Logging.OutputLogger] [41] System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. —> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155).
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelHelpers.StartNewApplication()

I’m open to anyone’s recommendations.
Thanks,
Jim

can you check if at that moment excel is present in task manager? … try to kill it and install addin again and indicate again, in that order.

Tried killing Excel via Task Manager and installing add-in again. No luck.
Installed StudioX on a second laptop and receive same result.

StudioX user interface indicates the add-in has been successfully installed. The log indicates otherwise. See below:

[5/1/2020 3:38:40 PM] StartExcelAndCheckAddInConnection - COM error during AddIn validation checks: Exception setting “DisplayAlerts”: “Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).”
[5/1/2020 3:38:40 PM] StartExcelAndCheckAddInConnection - failed closing Excel using Quit: Exception calling “Quit” with “0” argument(s): “Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).”
[5/1/2020 3:38:40 PM] Finished ExcelAddIn installation at 05/01/2020 15:38:40

Did you manage to solve this ? I have the same problem

Hi @Mihai_Purcarea

Welcome to our UiPath Forum :slight_smile:

Feel free to create a new topic with all the context about your particular issue. This will allow us to help you out better :slight_smile:

You may try an office repair or reinstall.

Hi,
I have faced similar issues and it got solved by following the below steps:

1. Uninstall current version of MS Office.
  2. Install MS Office 2019 version (Licensed one).

Starting with the 20.8 version, StudioX includes a Repair Tool for Office interop under Home > Tools, specially for this kind of issues. Please give it a try:

2 Likes