Help with Excel Pop Up's in my Sequence

Hi - looking for some help. I’m new to UiPath / RPA. I’ve started a sequence with Excel Application Scope, I’ve mapped the file location and added in a Image Exists and If Condition as there is a pop up when you open Excel. However, when I run the debug function, it searches for the image before opening excel?
Can you anyone explain why it’s doing this?

Yes @amrit.karwal

Excel application scope will open the excel within milliseconds and goes to the inside activities of the Excel application scope (in your case you have image exists activity inside excel scope, which will open excel immediate and goes to image exists activity before excel is open completely),

what you can do is try to
set your TIMEOUT property for 10seconds (10000) and see

@Vishal_K

Thank you for a quick reply! How do I set the Timeout?

Hi @amrit.karwal

Go to property of the Activity

@Vishal_K
Thanks. I only have the Timeout option within Properties for the image exists function and not the Open Excel file function. I added it to the image exists and the pop up box appeared first :frowning:

@amrit.karwal have you try system book activities?, this activities dont need excel, so you wont have any pop up

1 Like

Hi @amrit.karwal,

It works fine for me with the below steps

and Image exist properties should be

Please let me know if any issues still exist. If yes let me know the what pop up you get when you open Excel.

I hope this helped you to find the solution. If yes please mark this as a solution

Thanks,
Arun Vignesh S
We only have what we give

Hi @arun_vignesh

This is my image, this is where I’ve added the timeout

And this is the pop up

This message pops up before excel has opened and therefore my sequence doesn’t work

Hi @amrit.karwal,

There are two options

1. Add a click to click on the “update” option in the error message box
  2. You can suppress the message box by following the below step
    I'm getting this error - this workbook contains links to one or more external sources that could be unsafe
    (step 2 is personally your risk. It is a third party answer)

Thanks,
Arun Vignesh S